Dodge Durango Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am looking for a winter set of tires/wheels for my 18' Durango. I'd prefer a complete set (factory takeoffs?) including TPMS. Looking for something dark (either Blacktop or the stock gray). Also, not picky on model year.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the offer DDJBazan1012. While those great, as I have been looking around I have decided to try for a set of the Blacktop wheels. While I like that style (it is what is currently on my DD), I think I'd like some variety. If I change my mind, I will certainly let you know.

If anyone has any leads on a set of Blacktop wheels, I am still in the market for a set/

·
Registered
621 Posts
There are a couple companies on eBay that specialize in factory take-off wheels and tires, this is one of them;

https://www.ebay.com/str/Michigan-Auto-Wheel-and-Tires?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

You can also search Craigslist and include the Detriot area in you area search.

Not sure where you are in Ohio, but these are popping up now and they are just north of Columbus.

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/wto/d/20-durango-grand-cherokee/6734756815.html

Personally I pull my 20" wheels and tires and replace with a set of 18" take off and 265/60-18 winter/snow tires for use in NE Ohio. Looks and appearance should be a second concern when buying winter wheel - heck unless you run the Durango through the car wash twice a week around here in the winter its going to be an ugly color of salt spray anyway. The factory 18" take off rims, either Durango or Jeep Grand Cherokee, will fit over the factory HD V8 front brakes and give you way better traction on both snow/ice for both acceleration and more importantly braking. Plus they even offer better dry/dusty traction on cold pavement than typical A/S tires. The taller side wall offers better pothole protection when they are slush covered and unseen.

Best of luck in your search.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.