Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying new winter/snow tires. But I have a hard time deciding what size I should buy and which brand. I have read that you can fit 305/70/17 after a TB lift, what do you think? Should I go with a smaller size?
Can anyone here recommend any brand with good winter qualities?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have Goodyear Duratrac 285/70R17. Absolutely great in snow. Especially in deep snow. Personally, I wouldn't go any bigger than 285.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I just installed 275/55R20 Goodyear DuraTrac's on a '14 Durango and they fit no problem on the stock wheels, I am doing the 2.5 " Rocky Mountain Outfitters Lift Kit next Monday but I had to install the tires to see if they would fit without it. I will attach a couple of pics now and then after the lift. 20141119_125357.jpg 20141119_125406.jpg 20141119_125424.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just installed 275/55R20 Goodyear DuraTrac's on a '14 Durango and they fit no problem on the stock wheels, I am doing the 2.5 " Rocky Mountain Outfitters Lift Kit next Monday but I had to install the tires to see if they would fit without it. I will attach a couple of pics now and then after the lift. View attachment 19671 View attachment 19672 View attachment 19673
Hey Hunter, if your in Buffalo you"ll need both the lift and tires .....that's crazy that fell there!

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Those are really Aggressive.
NY You will be the first lifted R/T
STEVE

·
Registered
135 Posts
Steve, I ran these about 300 miles over the weekend on a hunting trip and they are a slight bit noisier than stock which I was surprised, I expected much worse. and yes the guy at Rocky Mountain said he didnt recall and orders going out for an RT yet, doing it in the morning and will post picks hopefully in the afternoon......wish me luck....

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Looks Great

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
While I know they are not made in all sizes, I have had good luck with the Firestone Winterforce tires. They are fairly aggressive, and as such are what I would call moderately noisy.
Pricing also seems to be very reasonable.

Don

·
Registered
16 Posts
While I know they are not made in all sizes, I have had good luck with the Firestone Winterforce tires. They are fairly aggressive, and as such are what I would call moderately noisy.
Pricing also seems to be very reasonable.

Don
I would second that opinion Don, I've owned a set of them and was fairly happy with them

fs_winterforce_ci1_l.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just installed 275/55R20 Goodyear DuraTrac's on a '14 Durango and they fit no problem on the stock wheels, I am doing the 2.5 " Rocky Mountain Outfitters Lift Kit next Monday but I had to install the tires to see if they would fit without it. I will attach a couple of pics now and then after the lift. View attachment 19671 View attachment 19672 View attachment 19673
Hey NYHunter1, I'm thinking of getting a set of 275/55r20 tires as well. I'm living in NJ and want a better all season tire, plus I want to fill the wheel well better. Did you have any rubbing with turns or bumpy roads? I will not be raising truck at all, no lift kit on it currently either. Thanks in advance

1 - 16 of 16 Posts