Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have pictures of the smoke vent vizors around their windows I can look at? Anyone have a moonroof vizor , does it interfere with the screen opening?

·
Registered
943 Posts
I had those on the '02 Ram I traded-in on my '17 SXT. I liked them a lot, so I've been curious of their appearance also. Your post prompted me to do a bit of a web-search to find any pics of them installed on the DD -- but instead, found a set of dark ones being returned on Amazon for $16!!!
Long story short; At that price, I'm fixin to find out what they look like.:cool:

BTW, I didn't see any moon roof deflectors, but the hood deflector looks nice on them. I ended-up removing the hood deflector on my '02 Ram shortly after buying it due to an annoying 'whistle' at 50MPH. But down here in the Summer, the ventshades were indispensable!

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have been looking at the weather tech ones. They are low profile and clip into the window channel. So it doesn't just stick on and bulge out like the ones you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
943 Posts
I have been looking at the weather tech ones. They are low profile and clip into the window channel. So it doesn't just stick on and bulge out like the ones you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hmm.. I just checked them out, and you're right. They look much nicer -- Just not '$80 more nicer'. There's no way to know for sure, but I'll bet the WeatherTechs are less noisy in the wind than the VentShade visors due to their lower-profile. ;)

·
Registered
542 Posts
These are the taped on ones (vs. the in channel ones). Its personal preference:

These pics aren't exactly focusing on the visors...sorry. I love National Parks :)

·
Registered
943 Posts
Thanks for the nice pics of the Ventshade brand, UnXpected. They look fine.
I hope you had a good trip to the Keys, but better you than me lol. I've been there many times, but was always glad to get back home... It's one CRAZY-ISNANE strip of weirdness. ;)

I love the Weathertechs... They fit well and aren't cheap-looking stick-ons.

View attachment 62650
I love that color!! Your avatar is a keeper too lol! Those critters are a navigation hazard down here. They all have prop scars (sadly), as they like things bumping into them.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have the weathertech ones. Not sure if it's just mine or what. (though I bought my '13 DD used and they had them installed already) They rattle a decent amount sometimes and it's pretty annoying to me. I've been debating on taking them off.

·
Registered
943 Posts
After seeing the WeatherTechs, I ordered them too lol.
I guess I'll sell the Ventshades on Craigslist. I only paid $17 (shipping included), so maybe I can recoup some of the $55 the WeatherTech shades cost. ;)

EDIT: That $55 was factory-direct, w/shipping.. The first price I found online was $80 BEFORE shipping... HeYuuge difference! Moral of story, surf-shopping pays.
BTW -- anybody want a set of Ventshades? lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts