Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Durango R/T TnG - Ordered 11/12/21
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this will affect any of us that have new Durangos coming in the next few weeks/months, but I saw it earlier and thought I would ask here. It sounds like one of the bigger rail unions may be going on strike.

BNSF unions threaten strike over attendance policy (updated) - Trains

Do we know what rail FCA/Stellantis uses to ship new vehicles? Any chance this strike might cause us further delays? I know there's nothing we can do about it either way, just kind of curious.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,356 Posts
Each rail system is run in different parts of the country so you need to find the footprint of BNSF and see if your route is on their system.

Reactions: thastings88

·
Registered
2022 Durango R/T TnG - Ordered 11/12/21
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm over in Maryland, so I think I'm safe either way. Looks like their network is mostly the western US. Might be something to keep in mind for vehicles shipping west.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm not sure if this will affect any of us that have new Durangos coming in the next few weeks/months, but I saw it earlier and thought I would ask here. It sounds like one of the bigger rail unions may be going on strike.

BNSF unions threaten strike over attendance policy (updated) - Trains

Do we know what rail FCA/Stellantis uses to ship new vehicles? Any chance this strike might cause us further delays? I know there's nothing we can do about it either way, just kind of curious.
I believe coming out of the plant would use CSX and stay on that going to Chicago. The eastern US should stay on that while the western US would transfer to either UP or BNSF. Not sure where that transfer would be, either Chicago or Kansas City area.

Reactions: thastings88
1 - 4 of 4 Posts