Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Durango SRT, 2021 Durango Hellcat (Ordered)
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to agreeing to purchase a Durango HC to replace my '18 DDSRT. I missed the original order window...because, well, life. Anyways, I have not been paying too close attention, but I saw the announcement months ago about the upping the product run to 3k, then the shutdown, extended production, etc.

The DDHC I agreed to purpose was ordered in December and the order was "modified" in March (whatever that means) and is sitting in code BX today. Is is possible that they cancel production and don't complete the run given how late it is in year? Should I drop this order and try to find one already delivered or in transit? I don't want to wait on this, then have the order canceled and everything still available either not be optioned how I want or be some insane mark up.

·
Premium Member
2021 Durango SRT Hellcat (White Knuckle w/ Blk Demonic Red Interior
43 Posts
Do you have a VIN? If so contact Dodge Chat and see what they say.
I agree! If you have no VIN at this point, you have no car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
No VIN yet -- I thought that was assigned in Status C. Status BX is "good order available for scheduling". My assumption is the dealer has the allocation (if they didn't, I assume it would get stuck in BA) and the only question is does it get made before the factory shuts down. I am hoping that because this is now a customer order, the build priority will be bumped up. I do have the VON and I am going to try to contact Dodge Chat today.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I chatted with Dodge. Because I just put down the deposit over the weekend, the dealer has not updated the system to "customer order" from "dealer order" so there is not much information they can provide. However, they did tell me that the current status is fully accepted in the system and it will be built (I am not sure how they really know that). When it is switched to customer order it will be moved higher in priority so should be built sooner. I will post another update once it is switched to customer order to see if they can tell me anything more.

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
1,113 Posts
I finally got around to agreeing to purchase a Durango HC to replace my '18 DDSRT. I missed the original order window...because, well, life. Anyways, I have not been paying too close attention, but I saw the announcement months ago about the upping the product run to 3k, then the shutdown, extended production, etc.

The DDHC I agreed to purpose was ordered in December and the order was "modified" in March (whatever that means) and is sitting in code BX today. Is is possible that they cancel production and don't complete the run given how late it is in year? Should I drop this order and try to find one already delivered or in transit? I don't want to wait on this, then have the order canceled and everything still available either not be optioned how I want or be some insane mark up.
Peripheral Output device Violet Gadget Circle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: The order is still sitting in BX but is listed as a customer order in my name now. There has not been any new information except some vague commentary that they are waiting on parts before moving forward. Fingers still crossed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Per the chat, I was just assigned a VIN, so I assume that means is moved to a C status code. Progress.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts