Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just bought a 2003 durango and im looking into getting new wheels. I need tires (driving on a spare right now) but im looking into getting 15 inch wheels. My questions is, will a 15 inch wheel clear the caliper??? My stock size is 265/70r16 and it doesn't look like their is much room for a 15 to fit. Looking at the cragar D window wheels but would like to keep the same size tire (only in a 15 inch wheel on account i haven't lifted it yet) Any advise would really be appreciated.

Benjamin

·
Super Moderator
13,065 Posts
I don't think 15" wheels were available on an '03; it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't fit over the bigger front calipers..

Reactions: Neil H

·
Premium Member
28,308 Posts
No they wont fit
STEVE

·
Registered
20 Posts
Learn something every day. Mine is an 02. When I bought it, it had 16 inch rims and the "splined lug nuts". Looking inside the door the other day before I made up my mind on what new tire and wheel set up to purchase, the door sticker said it originally came from the factory with 15 inch rims. I am guessing from the comments and the fact that the 03's came with rear disks that there "were" changes made?....

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
In a word, Yes.

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
I think that they started using 16"s due to brake changes then. Look at your Driver's side door jam for the tire size/pressure sticker. It will tell you what the stock size wheel is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.