Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to everyone whos been answering these questions, this forum has saved me a hell of alot of time searching for answers on google!

But anyway, I noticed that the metal gas line that bridges the fuel injector lines together has about an inch of wiggle room to it. I haven't seen any leaks yet but should I be worried?

Also, to whoevers had experience with wheel spacers - Driving a car with a generous 2.5 tons to it, If I installed 1.5" wheel spacers, would I notice a difference driving? Adding 3 inches to the overall with of the car isn't a problem, being that the tires big enough to take the hit when it comes to scratched rims and curbs, but what i'm really going for is the prevention of rollovers. After watching these videos im kind of set on it being the next $200 I spend on the truck. Any input is welcome. Thanks!

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Dont use wheel spacers you dont need them

·
Administrator
5,612 Posts
avoid spacers. drive like a normal person and you'll be fine.

as far as the gas line... what does "wiggle" mean? is it loose? does it slide in and out of the 2 rails? it should not slide in and out of the rails.

·
Administrator
8,034 Posts
First off, the vehicle ( and I use the term loosely) you are watching in those roll-over video displays are of the Notorious Ford Explorer and there stupidly over soft tires (specified by the factory for ride comfort) and the fact they would roll over if you blew on them.

Adding wheel spacers will accentuate bearing wear on all 4 axles, causing pre-mature bearing failure, and are not needed on the much more stable D platform.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts