Dodge Durango Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
At my local dealer, all 2018 plus including v6 models had 295s on them. I was told that's a new standard tire.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
960 Posts
At my local dealer, all 2018 plus including v6 models had 295s on them. I was told that's a new standard tire.

Have no idea what dealer told you that, but that is not the standard tire sizs. Only the SRT has 295's standard currently, and is the only one that ever had that tire size. Yes, in 2018 295's became a thing but only for the SRT up till now. No other model can be optioned with that tire size from the factory until the 2021 MY ordering window opens.

And speaking of the 2021 MY, the V6 will not have 295's nor will the Citadel. Only the 392 SRT (if they make it), the Hellcat, and the R/T with the Tow N Go Package will have that size with the 2021 models.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: hamada128

·
Registered
322 Posts
Have no idea what dealer told you that, but that is not the standard tire sizs. Only the SRT has 295's standard currently, and is the only one that ever had that tire size. Yes, in 2018 295's became a thing but only for the SRT up till now. No other model can be optioned with that tire size from the factory until the 2021 MY ordering window opens.

And speaking of the 2021 MY, the V6 will not have 295's nor will the Citadel. Only the 392 SRT (if they make it), the Hellcat, and the R/T with the Tow N Go Package will have that size with the 2021 models.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
You are probably right and it could have been a dealership own special option. However, I have put 295's in place of my old 265's and they fit perfectly and speedometer is right on. Ride is much better too, as well as performance.

·
Registered
291 Posts
FWIW, you want narrower tires to get better snow traction. Not wider. Best of luck to everyone. Be safe out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts

I have a 2018 SXT blacktop with 20” wheels and they have 265/50R20 tires, that’s the stock size unless it’s an SRT.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm looking at upgrading my tires after rubbing some hard pack ice with my stock Ecos (very much dislike these tires!).

The primary tires I'm looking at are 285/50r20's, either Yokahama Parada Spec-X, Toyo Proxes STIII, or Nitto NT420Vs. I'm also considering Hankook Ventus ST's in 275/55r20, but know those are about 1.5" taller than stock, with all the consequences that come from that, and the 285s are about 3/4" taller.

If I'm looking at putting either of those tires on my '20 AWD R/T, should I expect any clearance or rubbing issues?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
my summer tires are 285/50/20 420s and the upper ball joint bolt is darn close to the tire with the stock 20” rims Thickness of my pointer finger for clearance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, unfortunately bad events keep happening and this morning on my way to work I punctured one of the otherwise perfectly good tires, so I am going to have to get new tires a lot quicker than I thought.

Now I'm just not 100% sure whether I take the chance on running 285s on the stock wheels or just stick with 265s with a better tire than the horrible stock Ecos

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Durango RT AWD
80 Posts
I put 295/45/20s on stock wheels and have to admit I had one SUPER sketchy moment early on that made me adjust my style of driving. It felt like the tire was gonna roll the bead. When I get new tires again they will definitely be within manufacturer suggested range.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I run the new factory size on my stock 20x8, 295/45/20 and the fit perfectly fine. Just a little overhang. Barely noticeable. No issues with wear and I'm a pretty aggressive driver.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
Hey just saw your post...but have you had any issues with your 295/45's. I was thinking of getting that for my Durango GT

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hey just saw your post...but have you had any issues with your 295/45's. I was thinking of getting that for my Durango GT
No issues at all. I first ran them on factory rims and later got wider rims that clear my Brembo's without spacers.
Much improved traction, be it turning, braking or accelerating.

·
Registered
586 Posts
my only comment is that if you go wider and you keep the sidewall the same, the overall diameter is now different, albeit slightly, you are still changing your mileage, speedometer, gearing etc.
285/50 = 142.5 overall height, 265/50 (OEM) = 132.5 overall height.

I am no engineer of any sort but on my first scat and most people on their scat's go from a 245/45 to a 275/40 which is 110.25 vs 110.00 and therefore no change in the overall diameter but wider.

just my 0.02 worth.

·
Registered
322 Posts
my only comment is that if you go wider and you keep the sidewall the same, the overall diameter is now different, albeit slightly, you are still changing your mileage, speedometer, gearing etc.
285/50 = 142.5 overall height, 265/50 (OEM) = 132.5 overall height.

I am no engineer of any sort but on my first scat and most people on their scat's go from a 245/45 to a 275/40 which is 110.25 vs 110.00 and therefore no change in the overall diameter but wider.

just my 0.02 worth.
If I remember correctly, last time I did the math, the difference between 265/50/20 and 295/45/20 was 0.1% .

41 - 57 of 57 Posts