Dodge Durango Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can some one confirm will this tire and wheel combo work on a 2015? I hate to pull the trigger and have them not fit or rub.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I run the new factory size on my stock 20x8, 295/45/20 and the fit perfectly fine. Just a little overhang. Barely noticeable. No issues with wear and I'm a pretty aggressive driver.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
Do you have any pics?...I have a 2019 Durango GT and I'm looking to run the same size tires on my 20x8 factory rims...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just went through this same process. I went with 275/55/20 Hankook Ventus St on stock rims. The look and ride is much better than the stock 265's. Absolutely no rubbing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Got any more pics? Specifically dead on from the front and sides?

·
Registered
491 Posts
The 275/55-20 size is basically a 20" rim version of the 32" tall tire. The stock 265/50-20 size is basically a 20" rim version of the 30.5" tall tire. You may want to check your speedometer and mileage accuracy now with the slightly taller tire. There are tools available to reset those for the taller 32" tire. There are also more A/T type tires available in the 275/55-20 size if that is also what you are looking for, which is popular with the folks that are more off-road or trail oriented or have a mild lift kit or say have installed the Bilstein 5100 front shocks to reduce the rake or for added front ground clearance or just want to give their Durango a more "purposeful" or aggressive appearance.
Any idea what tools exist to adjust the speedo? I couldn’t find any.

I’ve been running a 275/55R20 and a 1” wheel spacer since October 2018 without any issues at all. The speedo is off a few mph which I’d love to be able to change, but I’m not too worried about it if I can’t.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I run the new factory size on my stock 20x8, 295/45/20 and the fit perfectly fine. Just a little overhang. Barely noticeable. No issues with wear and I'm a pretty aggressive driver.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
What brand did you go with?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Can someone explain to me why you would want or need wider tires?
I can see if you lived in horrible areas where a wider snow tire was needed for the winter or you put a Super Charger on and your constantly spinning. If your doing it for looks just know your shaving MPG off as wider means more roll resistance.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I like the look of my 285/50s, and they ride so much smoother too. As for mpg, the Durango gets the best mirage of any vehicle I've ever owned! Lol I run a winter set of snow tires in the winter that drops 2mpg, so you pay to play I guess.

Reactions: amelnik

·
Registered
322 Posts
I don't know if this is a trolling question but if it's not, for higher performance, you need higher end components. If you want to brake harder, stop shorter and corner better, you need better/larger tires that will increase your traction. Larger contact patch means higher traction.
With the weight of Durango, it's no wonder that stock tire size was increased from 265 to 295 for 2018 if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
960 Posts
I don't know if this is a trolling question but if it's not, for higher performance, you need higher end components. If you want to brake harder, stop shorter and corner better, you need better/larger tires that will increase your traction. Larger contact patch means higher traction.
With the weight of Durango, it's no wonder that stock tire size was increased from 265 to 295 for 2018 if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Just in the SRT are they in a 295 size, all other trims come stock with 265's. This coming year (2021) the R/T can get a Tow N Go Package that will have the wider 295's along with almost every option from the current SRT.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 57 Posts