Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just picked up my 14 R/T a few days ago and noticed something today. When I started it up and put the temperature to AUTO, the blower would work its way to the highest setting the warm the interior. Well I can hear a whistling coming from the passenger foot area vent. As I manually lower the fan speed, the whistling slows and eventually stops, but if I crank the fan back to high again it whistles. Anyone have this happen or do you think a trip back to the dealer is needed?

·
Registered
207 Posts
hey, just noticed this post. check your cabin air filter. it should be located behind the glove box door.

I had the same issue on my '11 D that I bought used. I noticed after I bought it that when the fan speed was med to high AND the Recirc button was OFF that there was a whistle from that area. dropping fan speed casued a corresponding drop in the volume of the whistle and engaing Recirc completely made it go away.

the dealer had told me they had replaced the cabin air filter. so I took my glove box door off and checked. sure enough the cover to the cabin air filter was not fully seated. it was close but not perfect. I took it back off and reseated it firmly.

no more whistle.

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Could easily be it
STEVE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts