Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 Crewlux hemi just fried it's alternator...NAPA says there are 2 possibilities and neither is available for 3-4 days...Anybody know who stocks them or best place to get them or how to tell which one you have? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,587 Posts
what is the part number on the bad alternator? I can probably cross it..

But having your build sheet is always handy for this kind of stuff..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only label got fried beyond readable...I got it out so guess I'll have to take it somewhere to try to match it...bought the Durango used so no build sheet that I know of. I didn't know they still had those...I still have a 1974 International 200 HD that needs the line setting ticket to get anything for it...Thanks for the help

·
Super Moderator
1,136 Posts
how to get your build sheet instantly"

go here Dodge - Contact Us look for equipment listing on left column 3 down under VEHICLE click it ,, next page paste your vin in the box and you will download a pdf instantly

·
Super Moderator
12,587 Posts
if it is a 2011 V8, it is either a 180amp or a 220amp. I *think* they are physically interchangeable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again to all. I did download the build sheet...slick...220 Amp, got a new one from a dealer, installed it and it, too, is running pretty hot (not fry hot though) so I'm thinking the original battery may be taxing it and will further test that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts