Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
A couple original freeze plugs on my 01 SLT 4.7L have gone bad and I want to replace them with new brass freeze plugs.

• Who makes good ones?
  • Where/who is a good vendor? (Dealer ok?)
  • Thinking about just buying a complete set to be ready for future -- is this wise?
I have a "retired" mechanic who has me buy the parts and then he fixes/installs. He has been great thus far (couple years now). The plan is to replace everything within reach of those 2 bad freeze plugs, if any additional are reachable. One bad plug on passenger mid-side and other somewhere near front of engine.

By the way, I live near Phoenix AZ, in case anyone knows of good local suppliers.

Thanks in advance!
jimmy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Lists of Products & Vendors

I'll update this list as I go, if I find any other sources or people tell me about them...
Updated 2019-02-12-Tu.

Manufacturer: DNJ
Part # FPS1100
$24, complete set.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TLG55KY
Quality: Good, although at least one of the sellers seems to be a poor communicator. (See the question that I asked about the confusing product title.)

Manufacturer: Sealed Power
Part # 3818202
$15, complete set.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=2868081
Quality: Good.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
1,441 Posts
DNJ FPS1100 Brass Freeze Plug Set for 1999-2013 / Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Mitsubishi, Ram / 4.7L / V8 / 16V / SOHC / 285cid, 287cidNote Brass w/HI-OUTPUT Freeze Plugs/Not compatible 4.7L

Looking at the Amazon item description it's confusing! Outlined in in green above it shows 4.7L then at the end it shows "Not Compatible 4.7L"! Is it compatible or not. You might want to contact the Seller.

Reactions: jimmypants

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DuRonbo;[B said:
Not compatible 4.7L[/B]

Looking at the Amazon item description it's confusing! Outlined in in green above it shows 4.7L then at the end it shows "Not Compatible 4.7L"! Is it compatible or not. You might want to contact the Seller.
Holy smokes, I totally missed that. Thank you! I will contact them / ask a question.

·
Super Moderator
12,824 Posts
Rockauto sells a Sealed Power brass set for $15

Attachments

Reactions: jimmypants

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, Tom!
I did ask a question about the Amazon parts and people said that set will fit.
However, I think I would prefer to go with Rock Auto.
I will update the list above...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts