Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a really tough time finding wheels for the 2018 Durango SRT. Any suggestions? Would Jeep SRT wheels fit? Last pair that was a guaranteed fit by Carid apparently did not take into consideration the size of the Brimbo brakes. I am assuming Jeep SRT Wheels would fit, but obviously looking for some guidance as I have been stuck at a crossroad for 2 months now.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Yes, Jeep SRT wheels will fit.
Aftermarket, I'd check out Factory Reproductions...I believe they have a Hellcat replica wheel that fits.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Depends what you want the wheels for. We had an RT and upgraded to an SRT because it's a better tow vehicle. But the stock wheels and tires (pirelli run flats) were terrible for towing. They grab every rut and wear out super fast (ours lasted 15K miles). We wanted narrower tires that would be stable and smoother on bad roads. Went with this combo and are super happy, for our needs..

Niche 20x9 5-5 M117, and tires: Nitto Terra Grappler G2 P265/50R-20 111S. The folks at our local Les Schwab did careful homework to make sure they would clear the larger Brembos.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Curious what your goal is swapping out the factory SRT wheels?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Curious what your goal is swapping out the factory SRT wheels?
Who was that question for?

My goal was to get rid of the grabby nature of the stock (wide and sticky) tires on the freeway that causes a lot of wander in the truck ruts. Wide tires are the best for towing and that's what we bought this Durango for. It's also my wife's daily driver and she doesn't want to drive a big truck every day. So we get a car-like vehicle that has the best tow capability for an SUV in this size. We have nearly 12K miles of towing out of 25K miles on the vehicle so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts