Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
That is what I thought but that appears to be a 6 way connector whereas the provision for a brake controller is only 4 way per the mopar connector online repair site.
Good point... I just checked my REDARC controller from my 2018 and it has a 4-pin interface. Hrmmm..

·
Registered
2017 AWD durango GT 3.6
655 Posts
Good point... I just checked my REDARC controller from my 2018 and it has a 4-pin interface. Hrmmm..
If you look at the wire colors (hard to tell if the wires themselves are multicolored) and note how they are arranged wrt the hump on the connector it kinda follows the accelerator sensor wiring. Why it would be disconnected though is strange? Can't think of any other 6 way connector that would be near the pedals like that.

Here is where it looks like the connector would fit.
Automotive lighting Composite material Electric blue Slope Bumper
Font Gesture Art Working animal Sleeve

·
Registered
477 Posts
The 2nd to last photo is more detailed. I think Duh-Rango hit the nail on the head with the accerator pedal adjustment.

Its possible that they used a universal harness without the control module if there are no adjustment switches in the cockpit.
Is that the wiring to control the pedal when using cruise control?
No, its a height adjustment for people to drive more comfortably. You can adjust the pedal position to match the driver's leg length for a better reach.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts