Dodge Durango Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I filled the coolant 2 days ago and it took about half gallon today and there are no visible leaks, the fan clutch seems to been fine it doesn’t free spin it barely does a quarter turn when you try to spin it by hand bubbles come up but the coolant doesn’t go down

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So an update the heads were very warped the block was fine, I just the heads re manufactured should I change all the lifters or just inspect them and change the ones that look like they need it and when inspecting them what should I look out for

·
Premium Member
3,609 Posts
04D:
It sounds like you have made some good progress. Re the heads, be sure they do a thorough job of inspecting the valve seats, and springs. You don't want dropped seats, or questionable springs. As far as the lifters go, with the heads off, they are right there. I suppose you could remove and inspect them. Be sure to get them back in the same place if you do. If you see signs of excess, wear, I would do the cam and lifters. With our build date, there is a good chance they might have already been replaced.

Don't forget the updated intake if you can swing that. The original oem one was bad news.

Don

·
Premium Member
3,609 Posts
If you have the original intake, there were instances of water leaking into the engine from the top, and hydrolocking it.
I would see what the part number of the one you have is, and Google it. If it comes back as one that has been superceded, I would not use it. You might have a newer one if there was any work done on this engine along the way though.

Don

21 - 25 of 25 Posts