Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 12 yr old son lost a marble in the car. Can't see the freakin thing but every time you hit the brakes, it's rolls.
Hit the gas, it rolls!
Hit the brakes, it rolls!
Hit the gas, it %^*+%# rolls!
Hit the brakes, the $&@ %^*+ thing rolls!!
I look under the drivers seat in that bin, nothing. I shake both front and rear doors, nothing! After slamming on the brakes(in the driveway) I'm sure it's in the rear door. I pull the bottom plastic away from the door and a dime falls out. I thought to myself good, I'm on the right track!! Pull the bottom of the panel off and look to see where the stupid marble is. Nothing is there, nothing!!! I push the panel back against the door to find out that I guess pulling on that panel off in 15 degree weather breaks the female fasteners, flipping awesome! I go and drive the Durango, and the noise is gone! It was that dime. wife origanlly told me her and the kids looked and couldn't find the noise, I told her if I can't find that "marble"' it's going to the dealer and I'm buying a new car!!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2020 SRT Durango time!

Reactions: Durangutan

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should update this! The clips I thought I broke, weren't broken! Not wanting yo break the panel I guess I wasn't hitting it hard enough for the clips to engage! $25 for clips I didn't use!

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 12 yr old son lost a marble in the car. Can't see the freakin thing but every time you hit the brakes, it's rolls.
Hit the gas, it rolls!
Hit the brakes, it rolls!
Hit the gas, it %^*+%# rolls!
Hit the brakes, the $&@ %^*+ thing rolls!!
I had the EXACT same thing happen to me with my 2015 Dodge Charger. I bought the car used in 2017 and from day 1, it made noise just like you described. Finally, after about 6 months, I'd had enough. I realized the sound was coming from the center console. After taking the rear center vents off, a nickle rolled out and onto the floor. Yay!

But it wasn't over yet. I went for a drive, put on brakes, same noise. I couldn't tell any difference.

I ended up having to stomp on the gas and slowly put on the brakes in order to get the change that was left - there ended up being a few pennies and a quarter in the center console vent - to sit just right towards the back of the vent that I could reach them. It took me a few tries to get it all but the sound went away. Someone, a kid probably, must have shoved a handful of change in the rear vents at one point in time.

It was a simple fix, really, but it drove me nuts for awhile. I feel your pain.

·
Registered
225 Posts
What frustrates me are inconsiderate people who allow their doors to fly open and hit the vehicles who have the misfortune of being parked beside them. Each passenger door has that thing called a checkstrap (Thanks, Google.) that's meant to put tensions on the doors to prevent them from freely swinging open without resistance, right?Some careless folks push their doors open in such a manner, that mechanism is transformed into a catapult that slings their door into the car next to theirs. I'm sure we've all seen this happen.

Quick story. I was seated in my previous SUV and watched the driver of the vehicle parked beside me return, open his door to enter his car. I winced when I heard that dreaded "thud" of his door striking mine. Get this: The man looked at his door, looked at mine then glanced up to see me looking at him looking at my door. I got out to assess the potential damage. I was angry but at the same time, fearful for what I would see. I'm sure my vexed facial expression lent itself to the fearful look that I saw on the fellow.

As I looked closely for any damage, this man actually said "I caught the door with my hand." I did a double-take. I replied that it was the door that hit my vehicle, not his hand and he knew it. "You hand wasn't anywhere near the edge of your door, pal." He stammered for a response as he now more carefully opened his driver side left rear door to pull out his shopping bags. He could only muster a repeated claim of the sound heard being his hand. I said "Then, your hand is made of metal, right?" No reply. After retrieving his bags, walked around the rear of my truck to avoid crossing my path. I headed him off by walking in front of my own vehicle. I threw a couple of loud but not screaming "Next time, be more careful, man" his way as he briskly stepped into the grocery store.

I could see he was nervous from the moment I got out of my auto. Thankfully, the dent was pretty small and low on my truck's door but I was steamed. I'd have been more understanding but no less P.O'd if this man had at least tried to be more careful. A strong gust of wind can pull on our doors depending on the direction of both the wind and whether our parked rides are facing in the opposite direction of the air current.

The point of it all is to be more aware and considerate of the cars around you. Don't just let your door fly open as though it's the only one in the parking lot. Sure, you might not value your investment in a vehicle like some others but don't be so bloody ignorant and selfish as to view someone's nice auto through the same lens of poor treatment that you may give your own.

And, for Pete's sake, don't deny that you let your door swing open into the vehicle beside you when the owner of that vehicle is seated right there inside their automobile.

Okay. Stepping down from my soapbox.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Food that talks or is animated in commercials. I don’t watch television in my home but whenever I see ads where the chickens or the movie candy is talking about how much more delicious and deserving to be eaten they are, I usually lose it. My friends and family roll their eyes and let it go now, used to this rant.

It makes no sense and I cannot wrap my mind around which advertising survey showed that making the food you are going to eat have a personality and speech makes people more likely to eat it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts