Dodge Durango Forum banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
what did putting the fluff in there do to the sound quality?
generally increases the effective volume of a tight enclosure, i've done it on the vw/audis and spare wheel well subs and was a bit better. too much fill not good though. (i'm also 20 years removed from being a car audiophile dork but the borla exhaust was stealing a little thunder)

·
Registered
297 Posts
generally increases the effective volume of a tight enclosure, i've done it on the vw/audis and spare wheel well subs and was a bit better. too much fill not good though. (i'm also 20 years removed from being a car audiophile dork but the borla exhaust was stealing a little thunder)
Where did you buy the material?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Where did you buy the material?
polyfill? any arts and craft store or amazon. or in my case the wife's art supplies. you don't need much. There is a how-to on this site, fyi a t15 torx, not t25 for the speaker.

this evening tackled one more annoying thing. the cheap plastic clunking under the driver/front passenger floorboard. The plastic riser has these support pegs which knock against the body and just sounds awful when getting in. I was able to get some rigid foam sheet under them. Also added some Noico Red sound foam to top of plastic riser.

·
Registered
297 Posts
polyfill? any arts and craft store or amazon. or in my case the wife's art supplies. you don't need much. There is a how-to on this site, fyi a t15 torx, not t25 for the speaker.

this evening tackled one more annoying thing. the cheap plastic clunking under the driver/front passenger floorboard. The plastic riser has these support pegs which knock against the body and just sounds awful when getting in. I was able to get some rigid foam sheet under them. Also added some Noico Red sound foam to top of plastic riser.
Nice !!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Last year wrapped my IC coolant lines with stick-on but it was kinda meh. While back i picked up some DEI velcro ones and cleaned it up this week. Does it work? maybe, I now tend to see 4-8 degrees over ambient when driving (i live in humid florida and mega south florida suburbia, so basically just miserable). Heat soak does hit when idling of course but I feel it cools down quicker once moving (*note, i'm always running the a/c)

It is 200 degrees off the valve cover and 150 on the wrap. My driveway was 115 alone.

Sports equipment Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

driving 45-50mph, 92 out feels like 105-110.

Vehicle Gas Automotive design Auto part Font

only previous picture I have is in spring in '21 when with 80 out and 95 up to 110 IC coolant while driving.

for giggles, I had some 5" wrapped left over, I doubled it up to 10" and wrapped the JLT intake tube.

If curious on the "heat shield" that checks in at 164 on the inside and the filter is 150.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Font Communication Device Gadget

I do plan on s/c spacer kit and maybe the interchiller in the future. Heat just sucks the timing down here.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,272 Posts
Oh man, that sucks rocks. Pun intended. The front sensors, if you have them, will need to be dealer calibrated after the glass is done.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Oh man, that sucks rocks. Pun intended. The front sensors, if you have them, will need to be dealer calibrated after the glass is done.
Did not know that, thanks for that advice, I will be looking into that.

I'd really like the dealer to replace but don't think the insurance will pop for that. Anyone have thoughts on a typical place like 'Safelite' or similar? Would like Mopar glass, not sure replacement places have other aftermarket windshields they use...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Pretty sure others have done this here... Just added Shock Tower covers for a cleaner look. Not available / listed for Durango - 4782982AB, they will show for Charger/Challenger/300.
Drivers side fit fine, passenger side needed a little modification for the hood strut attachment.

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Bumper Automotive exterior

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Black Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,272 Posts
I think the calibration is needed if you have the Technology Package.

Reactions: CaptMoe and wvhemis

·
Registered
406 Posts
Pretty sure others have done this here... Just added Shock Tower covers for a cleaner look. Not available / listed for Durango - 4782982AB, they will show for Charger/Challenger/300.
Drivers side fit fine, passenger side needed a little modification for the hood strut attachment.

View attachment 122150 View attachment 122154

View attachment 122155
Man, I like that. Conceals the nuts and bolts and further adds to the uniformity of the engine bay. Well done!

41 - 60 of 84 Posts