Dodge Durango Forum banner
4941 - 4960 of 5000 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
I placed an order last night for the Eibach Pro Kit. They shipped already too, super stoked. The install will be going down last week in July when I head down to see my family in NC. My brother in law has a sick garage with a lift. I might place an order for a Sarona front lip today or the zl1 front lip. But I’m more on the Sarona one because I want to paint it white to match the ol girl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2015 Dodge Durango R/T AWD
659 Posts
As soon as I get the heads back from BES, she'll have a new heart!
Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Figured I try to tackle the Hard Hit converter install myself since everything was so easy to access with the upper half of the motor off. Had to buy the trans jack and some taller jack stands. Still saved around $450 to have a shop do it. Got her down and out and ready for the new converter in one day. Not entirely too difficult just takes time, lots of steps.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Alloy wheel

Heads are at BES now, just waiting for them to do the work and ship them back. Waiting on Jay Greene to send the cam. It'll be a 221/236, will hit almost 7000 rpms. Heads are being ported and milled .040. Will be a monster on MS109😁

·
Registered
191 Posts
Figured I try to tackle the Hard Hit converter install myself since everything was so easy to access with the upper half of the motor off. Had to buy the trans jack and some taller jack stands. Still saved around $450 to have a shop do it. Got her down and out and ready for the new converter in one day. Not entirely too difficult just takes time, lots of steps.
View attachment 121829
Heads are at BES now, just waiting for them to do the work and ship them back. Waiting on Jay Greene to send the cam. It'll be a 221/236, will hit almost 7000 rpms. Heads are being ported and milled .040. Will be a monster on MS109😁
Nice, where did you get the Tranny Jack from?

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Reactions: StuckOnDurango

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Put the new hard hit torque converter in and got the transmission back up in her. That was a chore for sure lining it back up just right. Just need to reattach all the little things like wires, cables, brackets and mounts.

Reactions: Duh-rango

·
Registered
2017 AWD durango GT 3.6
490 Posts
Put the new hard hit torque converter in and got the transmission back up in her. That was a chore for sure lining it back up just right. Just need to reattach all the little things like wires, cables, brackets and mounts.
You ever think of upgrading the trans pan?

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
You ever think of upgrading the trans pan?
Haven't thought about it. The Dorman's working just fine so far. If I have any problems down the road I'll go back to the factory pan.

Reactions: Duh-rango

·
Registered
338 Posts
A little polish with Griots Perfecting Cream and then 2 coats of GYEON Ceramic. Not bad for an 18 with 75k miles. Also worked with Ronnie at CCI to get new Caliper Covers (I know don't want to start a war on those) because the front two fell off, the magnet scheme is no bueno. The new version uses stainless tie wraps of all things and they are on securely now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,264 Posts
Get off my lawn! :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
I plan to do all of this on my vacation in two weeks.

Eibach Pro Kit
Black Lut Nugs
K&N CAI series 77
led turn signal bulbs with resistors to take care of hyper flash
Uniden DFR7 with windshield clamp mount
Type S - interior led kit

Waiting on the led bulbs & Uniden

Ohhh & what’s this I here that Ripp might be coming out with a supercharger for the v6??? Or is this False forget where I heard it from!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I plan to do all of this on my vacation in two weeks.

Eibach Pro Kit
Black Lut Nugs
K&N CAI series 77
led turn signal bulbs with resistors to take care of hyper flash
Uniden DFR7 with windshield clamp mount
Type S - interior led kit

Waiting on the led bulbs & Uniden

Ohhh & what’s this I here that Ripp might be coming out with a supercharger for the v6??? Or is this False forget where I heard it from!

Please post up some pictures of your build!

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Think the cam, springs & rollers can be replaced w/o pulling the heads?

Springs yes and if done right I think the cam (this I've heard but never looked up). But not the lifters.

4941 - 4960 of 5000 Posts