4761 - 4779 of 4779 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Reactions: DBSRT and OhThatGuy

·
Registered
377 Posts
Installed these 5” cannons from Carven. I kinda like it and I kinda don’t at the moment. And from the factory the left tip was more flush. Same with the new tips. The right side sticks out just a tad more which I don’t like. Hoping an exhaust shop could do something as I don’t see anything I could adjust to bring it in a couple mm. Have the black lugs, just need to install them at some point to get rid of the chrome.
View attachment 118431
View attachment 118430
View attachment 118428
View attachment 118429
You got some gun barrels out the back, brother. Could send someone's toupee flying! 😂

·
Registered
427 Posts
Went on a diet and lost some weight
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Asphalt

Automotive tire Asphalt Motor vehicle Gas Road surface

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire

Reactions: OurZoo

·
Registered
154 Posts
Reactions: DBSRT

·
Registered
427 Posts
so how much does all that weigh?
172lbs

I made another thread about it. Has all the weights listed.

·
Registered
377 Posts
172lbs

I made another thread about it. Has all the weights listed.

Can you notice the drop in weight in any way? Acceleration? Cornering? Gas mileage?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Can you notice the drop in weight in any way? Acceleration? Cornering? Gas mileage?
Haven't even driven it yet. Only thing I'm trying to do is get my 60ft down and to try and hit the 12s in the 1/4 mile at a near sea level DA.

It already handles great just because its lowered and has a wider stance.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Ok so I just got back from Death Valley. Found a spot to try via a gps altitude app before I went there. Turned out to be prefect. Long straight flat -263 ft below sea level. DA for the runs was -504. Got weather data with a small weather sensor with a barometer. Very accurate. Been comparing it to readings at the Airport not far away for the last few weeks.

So that's the good news. Bad news is I maxed out the fuel input on the mid and high end so I was running around 15 for my AFR! Probably pulling timing like a mofo. When I was at a 2200 DA I was at 16% fuel increase on the high end so I had Jay zero out the tuner levels based on what I had them set at. Still I maxed them out out there. So I'm kicking my self in the head!

My best run had a 2 sec flat 60ft though! That makes me real happy. Also realized my first thoughts about the Dragy not being accurate, in my area of Las Vegas at least, was correct. Dragy was real close to the tuner in times on these runs, a bit off on the mph but that could be my tire size settings. Thought I had it on point.

Keep in mind this is with a very less than ideal AFR...15 is very lean for WOT. lol watching the AFR dial in vids my spark advance at 6300 rpms was 11. Should be around 23 or so at that altitude.

Reactions: OurZoo

·
Registered
991 Posts
Ok so I just got back from Death Valley. Found a spot to try via a gps altitude app before I went there. Turned out to be prefect. Long straight flat -263 ft below sea level. DA for the runs was -504. Got weather data with a small weather sensor with a barometer. Very accurate. Been comparing it to readings at the Airport not far away for the last few weeks.

So that's the good news. Bad news is I maxed out the fuel input on the mid and high end so I was running around 15 for my AFR! Probably pulling timing like a mofo. When I was at a 2200 DA I was at 16% fuel increase on the high end so I had Jay zero out the tuner levels based on what I had them set at. Still I maxed them out out there. So I'm kicking my self in the head!

My best run had a 2 sec flat 60ft though! That makes me real happy. Also realized my first thoughts about the Dragy not being accurate, in my area of Las Vegas at least, was correct. Dragy was real close to the tuner in times on these runs, a bit off on the mph but that could be my tire size settings. Thought I had it on point.

Keep in mind this is with a very less than ideal AFR...15 is very lean for WOT. lol watching the AFR dial in vids my spark advance at 6300 rpms was 11. Should be around 23 or so at that altitude.

Like you said AFR is off but also look for any knock, false knock that is. I had that when tuning and it turned out to be the knock sensor covers that were rattling pulling the max timing out and really pinching the fuel supply.

Build thread: 2016 R/T - awehlage’s build

·
Registered
427 Posts
Like you said AFR is off but also look for any knock, false knock that is. I had that when tuning and it turned out to be the knock sensor covers that were rattling pulling the max timing out and really pinching the fuel supply.

Build thread: 2016 R/T - awehlage’s build
I usually just get 1 or 2 ST or Fuel knock at the shifts.

But I think I'll check reading up on it a bit. Are those the sensors on both sides of the block under the exhaust manifold (or headers) that have a little clip-on heat shield?

·
Registered
427 Posts
DA 2022ft
Still data logging this was the fifth revision.

Font Motor vehicle Rectangle Automotive exterior Electric blue

Dragy is inaccurate in this city so I don't rely on it. I'll see how it does at the track vs time slip.

4761 - 4779 of 4779 Posts