Dodge Durango Forum banner
4741 - 4760 of 4779 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Not AWD right? Headers install is a bitch with the front differential in the way.

If I had to do it again for the first time id do it with the heads off.
Yeah it’s a rear wheel drive but dude it was a royal pain in the ass to install the headers. I cannot even imagine what it’s like on an all wheel drive! Definitely worth paying someone competent to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yeah it’s a rear wheel drive but dude it was a royal pain in the ass to install the headers. I cannot even imagine what it’s like on an all wheel drive! Definitely worth paying someone competent to do it.

Need a mechanic with skinny ass arms, long lanky fingers and the patience of Jesus.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Lol I set off a car alarm starting it up tonight. I had backed up into a space and there was an older Chevy pick up behind me.

First time that happened.

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
631 Posts
Installed these 5” cannons from Carven. I kinda like it and I kinda don’t at the moment. And from the factory the left tip was more flush. Same with the new tips. The right side sticks out just a tad more which I don’t like. Hoping an exhaust shop could do something as I don’t see anything I could adjust to bring it in a couple mm. Have the black lugs, just need to install them at some point to get rid of the chrome.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Sky Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Window

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

·
Registered
991 Posts
Installed these 5” cannons from Carven. I kinda like it and I kinda don’t at the moment. And from the factory the left tip was more flush. Same with the new tips. The right side sticks out just a tad more which I don’t like. Hoping an exhaust shop could do something as I don’t see anything I could adjust to bring it in a couple mm. Have the black lugs, just need to install them at some point to get rid of the chrome.
View attachment 118431
View attachment 118430
View attachment 118428
View attachment 118429
It doesn’t look as bad as you say but I do think if the tips were angled it would look perfect IMO.

Build thread: 2016 R/T - awehlage’s build

·
Registered
427 Posts
View attachment 118431
View attachment 118430
View attachment 118428
View attachment 118429
The passenger side needs to be pushed up. Then it might be even with the other. Getting the rear of the exhaust to sit just right is a pain sometimes.

Did you try to readjust it? Maybe loosen the clamp, then see if it will sit a little different as you tighten it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
View attachment 118431
View attachment 118430
View attachment 118428
View attachment 118429
When I put my 4" tips on, I initially thought they were too big. Now when I see stock tips, I think "damn those are small." Give it a while and it'll grow on you.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
631 Posts
The passenger side needs to be pushed up. Then it might be even with the other. Getting the rear of the exhaust to sit just right is a pain sometimes.

Did you try to readjust it? Maybe loosen the clamp, then see if it will sit a little different as you tighten it.
I’ll have to get out there again and check it. I was trying to hold it exactly where I wanted as I was tightening.

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
631 Posts
When I put my 4" tips on, I initially thought they were too big. Now when I see stock tips, I think "damn those are small." Give it a while and it'll grow on you.
Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
You are probably right!

Reactions: LDC2335

·
Registered
427 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
View attachment 118431
View attachment 118430
View attachment 118428
View attachment 118429
Loosen the clamp, get a thick piece of rubber that is the same size as the tip (I used one of the rubber pads from my lift), and tap it with a hammer.

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
631 Posts
Loosen the clamp, get a thick piece of rubber that is the same size as the tip (I used one of the rubber pads from my lift), and tap it with a hammer.

Great idea. Had thought if giving it a good bang! lol

·
Registered
2021 Durango RT , blue shade pearl, with TnG
15 Posts
Installed the ZL1 splash guards. Very simple job, didn’t have to remove the wheels.
Used extra clips to hold them on just to be safe. I’m not really keen on the look of the clips and also the fact they’ll catch any cleaning cloths or wash mitts when detailing.
Took her out in the snow to test their effectiveness…seemed to divert most of the crud away from the body panels.

Reactions: OurZoo

·
Registered
2021 Durango RT with SRT 20x10 brass wheels
144 Posts
Put the bronze 20x10 SRT Wheels and 295 tires from my previous DDSRT onto my 21 RT. Discount Tire charged me $21 to air them up and swap them out.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

4741 - 4760 of 4779 Posts