Dodge Durango Forum banner
4681 - 4700 of 4708 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Round 1 of Operation Stage 3 (hyper boost):

Battle of the wills to get those headers out, but w/ a little help from Mr. Sawzall (& thx to @awehlage on the passenger front top bolt) I won this round.

To be installed:

Whipple 3.375 pulley ~11 lbs boost from 3.5 (~8 lbs)
Whipple 102MM Throttle Body
Kooks 1 3/4 long tube headers w/ Green Cats
AEM Wideband O2 Sensor & Boost Gauge
Ortiz Custom Pillar Gauge Pod.
OST PCM & TCM Tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s a dream list for me, my guy!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Durango RT
97 Posts
Looks Great! Are they satin?

Added 1" vinyl to the faded window sill trim. Figured out a wet application works better to get all the bubbles out. Damn near matches the paint

LinearDesigns One Inch Solid Stripe for Auto Truck Boat - 3mil Vinyl - 1" x 50' - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001447VF...abc_BBMKMHKWW4J7WHP7P8PH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Before and after

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Well Done! That looks really good. Just haven't found a product that brings back the black.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well Done! That looks really good. Just haven't found a product that brings back the black.
Thanks, hopefully it lasts. If not, it was a 50 foot roll so I can do it again.

I did try to polish them with some meguiars 205 and it was working, but pretty time consuming and I figured they'd be back to gray in no time.

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
1,152 Posts
Added 1" vinyl to the faded window sill trim. Figured out a wet application works better to get all the bubbles out. Damn near matches the paint

LinearDesigns One Inch Solid Stripe for Auto Truck Boat - 3mil Vinyl - 1" x 50' - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001447VF...abc_BBMKMHKWW4J7WHP7P8PH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Before and after

I did this too a few months ago as an experiment to see if I could do it and how it would hold up. I had a roll of 4” vinyl and cut it into strips. So far it is working well and looks good. I got the idea from a thread on here about products being used to restore the faded trim. I tried wipe new, but it didn’t work, so I did this. Looks like you did a great job.

Reactions: LDC2335

·
Registered
254 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
That’s a dream list for me, my guy!!!

Only problem I have with this being in my future is I would take it to the point where I'd end up having to redo the whole drive train.

Reactions: BigD’sRanGo

·
Registered
88 Posts
I did this too a few months ago as an experiment to see if I could do it and how it would hold up. I had a roll of 4” vinyl and cut it into strips. So far it is working well and looks good. I got the idea from a thread on here about products being used to restore the faded trim. I tried wipe new, but it didn’t work, so I did this. Looks like you did a great job.
Thanks y'all. The 1" strip was the perfect size. If you line it up on the line at the top where the harder plastic turns to rubber, it meets perfectly at the bottom. If I remember, I'll grab a better pic.

Edit : here ya go. You can see the line better

·
Registered
254 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yep. Tried it dry, but it's more unforgiving, easier to warp/stretch, and harder to get the bubbles out.

Wet allows you to slide it into place and squeegee out the bubbles.

Ok, thank you

·
Registered
2021 Durango RT
97 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Not bad at 3800 DA...
Font Rectangle Material property Gas Electronic device

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
987 Posts
Always take your sub with you. You never know when it will come in handy.

• Haha
Reactions: OurZoo and Centex16

·
Registered
457 Posts
Just finished up complete detail on our 2018 Citadel with the 5.7. Lot of rain this weekend so I was waxing in the garage. Snuck out to do a final wipe and snapped a couple pics, not the best pics. Anyways I used Maguiars ultimate liquid wax, my go to sealant for about 4 years now. Last pic to show the mirror finish. Anyway one thing I know, it ain’t right for a family SUV to look as sexy as these Durangos do!

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Car Sky Tire Vehicle
Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle Tire
Cloud Sky Body of water Gesture Sunlight

4681 - 4700 of 4708 Posts