Dodge Durango Forum banner

4521 - 4540 of 4545 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ok well I’m going to be ordering headlight and fog light led upgrades. It’s time!!! Halogen suck!!!

I’m looking at the headlightrevolution

S-v.4 for both.

Any thoughts???

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
326 Posts
Going to install this baby this weekend!

Can’t wait to see this. I opted for a cheap version of utilizing my old ipad with a removable mount. My iPad has tons of music on it so I use it as a media player. When the boys ipads die i through my phone into a hotspot and bring up their fgtvee videos they love lmao. But that only happened once cause they usually take the chargers too. I like when the ol lady wants to run into store and I’m not needed so I can watch YouTube or what ever in the parking lot... I just can’t afford doing any upgrades to the dash as I want to buy lighting which hella needed halogen is like driving with city lights on...

IMG_8406.jpg

IMG_8407.jpg

·
Registered
326 Posts
How are those headlight bulbs? I keep hearing putting an LED light in the halogen housing is a bad idea because of the directional concept of led lights.
Yes I heard that as well and did some research beforehand and just my luck. fog lights work perfect. Aligned and the switch back is bad ass. Head lights I’m still trying to sort out. I’m getting a brighter different beam pattern on my passenger side as opposed to the driver side. I reinstalled them and changed the bulbs to opposite sides and still same thing. So bulbs are fine.

Very weird. If I stand in front of the truck 5-10’ away the look even with the brightness and the same. When I walk back 50’ and crouch down the passenger side is directly in my eyes and bright and driver side isn’t and dim looking. Working with the manufacturer for a resolution or if I have to return and try a different set from a different brand???

I pulled it into my warehouse today and did the whole process again making sure the collars where locked which when I started they were only half locked if that makes sense… a guy from YouTube of where I seen these said he had to do some finagling to get them just right and pita because no room.

Well for the 5th time or so. I’m pretty damn fast for uninstalling and reinstalling minus the cuts on my bear mitts because of wheel well access.

Sometime this weekend when it’s dark I’m going back to the famous wall I use to check beam pattern again.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yep that's what I was afraid of lol. I really hate how dim the factory halogens are but don't want to deal with the hassle of having to constantly adjust LEDs to get them in the right spot. Also don't want to spend a ton on HIDs. Good luck with the adjusting!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yep that's what I was afraid of lol. I really hate how dim the factory halogens are but don't want to deal with the hassle of having to constantly adjust LEDs to get them in the right spot. Also don't want to spend a ton on HIDs. Good luck with the adjusting!
Factory halogen is like driving with no lights on and your passenger hanging out the windah with a flash light for you. That’s why it took me a while to research it & thought no problems. That and almost nailing a deer on the side of the road because the halogens completely suck. I’ll reply back when I get this stuff sorted. I was going to do an HID conversion but don’t have that much of a budget.

·
Registered
Dodge Durango MY 2015 3.6 WD Limited with LPG Prins VSI 2.0 alternative fuel system.
76 Posts
Yes I heard that as well and did some research beforehand and just my luck. fog lights work perfect. Aligned and the switch back is bad ass. Head lights I’m still trying to sort out. I’m getting a brighter different beam pattern on my passenger side as opposed to the driver side. I reinstalled them and changed the bulbs to opposite sides and still same thing. So bulbs are fine.

Very weird. If I stand in front of the truck 5-10’ away the look even with the brightness and the same. When I walk back 50’ and crouch down the passenger side is directly in my eyes and bright and driver side isn’t and dim looking. Working with the manufacturer for a resolution or if I have to return and try a different set from a different brand???

I pulled it into my warehouse today and did the whole process again making sure the collars where locked which when I started they were only half locked if that makes sense… a guy from YouTube of where I seen these said he had to do some finagling to get them just right and pita because no room.

Well for the 5th time or so. I’m pretty damn fast for uninstalling and reinstalling minus the cuts on my bear mitts because of wheel well access.

Sometime this weekend when it’s dark I’m going back to the famous wall I use to check beam pattern again.

At what distance and at what height did you take the photo? I will take the exact same photo of my LED bulbs and fog bulbs for comparison.

·
Registered
326 Posts
At what distance and at what height did you take the photo? I will take the exact same photo of my LED bulbs and fog bulbs for comparison.
My older son just came over. I’ll get back to you after the weekend for a new test.

Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Factory halogen is like driving with no lights on and your passenger hanging out the windah with a flash light for you. That’s why it took me a while to research it & thought no problems. That and almost nailing a deer on the side of the road because the halogens completely suck. I’ll reply back when I get this stuff sorted. I was going to do an HID conversion but don’t have that much of a budget.

35w canbus 5500K hids headlights and fogs on my 19sxt with halogen bulbs replaced from ddmtuning.com $89.96

4521 - 4540 of 4545 Posts