Dodge Durango Forum banner

4021 - 4040 of 4097 Posts

·
Registered
2018 AWD GT Granite
67 Posts
Our recently purchased CPO Durango,
My balls, :mad: amoung a list of things they didn't do for resale, today I replaced the cabin air filter which was horrendous. Also found the body margins on the hood to fenders are not right. Huge gap on the passenger side compared to driver's side.

On a good note, did an oil change on her, just shy of 5k miles. The oil was almost black. Oil monitor system read 54%. No thanks, I'll continue to change it at 5k intervals. Hopefully tomorrow I can do a tire rotation on the new rubber which we put on right after purchase.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Our recently purchased CPO Durango,
My balls, :mad: amoung a list of things they didn't do for resale, today I replaced the cabin air filter which was horrendous. Also found the body margins on the hood to fenders are not right. Huge gap on the passenger side compared to driver's side.

On a good note, did an oil change on her, just shy of 5k miles. The oil was almost black. Oil monitor system read 54%. No thanks, I'll continue to change it at 5k intervals. Hopefully tomorrow I can do a tire rotation on the new rubber which we put on right after purchase.
what’s up with dealerships doing such crappy prep on CPO cars? Mine had nearly zero coolant in it and a dirty air filter. Another member also had cooling issues and they needed to replace the radiator I believe.

·
Registered
2018 AWD GT Granite
67 Posts
what’s up with dealerships doing such crappy prep on CPO cars? Mine had nearly zero coolant in it and a dirty air filter. Another member also had cooling issues and they needed to replace the radiator I believe.
Same here, almost no coolant in the tank, clogged air filter, the cabin filter would have been a good home for mice, the tires were to close to the wear bars, car was filthy with lipstick, crayons, popcorn, and a beach of sand everywhere. And all the glass had slime on it... Wow
Lester Glenn Dodge Blows

·
Registered
198 Posts
They don’t care, they are cheap... very sad!

But if it was their cars, would they do that $hit????

Pisses me off to no extent really!

I have a new d and when I take it for FREE service I mark my tires check the oil and all that ish afterwards. Until I’m done with the free $hit I’ll be doing myself... just had its first oil change a few months ago... tires where rotate, oil was clean and the filter I marked with a blue sharpie was changed.

On a side note I knew a dude that knew a dude at some Chevy dealership that did not change oil filter anytime the vehicle went in. Smfh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 AWD GT Granite
67 Posts

I have a new d and when I take it for FREE service I mark my tires check the oil and all that ish afterwards. Until I’m done with the free $hit I’ll be doing myself... just had its first oil change a few months ago... tires where rotate, oil was clean and the filter I marked with a blue sharpie was changed.

On a side note I knew a dude that knew a dude at some Chevy dealership that did not change oil filter anytime the vehicle went in. Smfh

Putting the new license plates over the paper temp tag and the thin plastic tag that clearly states CPO vehicle took the cake. How fcking lazy could you be, and blowing out the holes for the plate screws with their screw gun... 🙄

Reactions: DBSRT

·
Registered
52 Posts
Maybe @DodgeCares could explain why so many others just in this forum has CPO purchase complaints? Something is wrong with the process, clearly.
I once bought a Lexus CPO car and let me tell you it was flawless in condition and delivery prep.

·
Registered
266 Posts

Every word of your brilliant, as usual, post, is the truth, D. I follow your logic with that of another member who suggested earlier that we NEVER accept a dealership's offer to wash our rides. I don't see how those folks who do the job will take the time to make sure the brush on the nozzle doesn't have small stones, dirt and grit lodged among the bristles that they'll rake across the clearcoat. No thanks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Maybe @DodgeCares could explain why so many others just in this forum has CPO purchase complaints? Something is wrong with the process, clearly.
I once bought a Lexus CPO car and let me tell you it was flawless in condition and delivery prep.
I'm holding out hope it's not a situation of once the dealership's got the money, who gives a rat's about the customer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I went for a drive this afternoon. Couple of on-ramp rips, some tunnel downshifts and WOTs, some highway cruising. Love this car.

Funny story: on the highway, I saw a clone of my Durango - White R/T, 2018+, blacktop package and tow package. I mean, identical on the exterior. I thought “hey here is another cool middle aged dude out enjoying his Hemi.” As it passed me, I looked over and it was a 60 ish year old lady sitting far too close to the steering wheel and going faster than I was.

So yeah, I’m not that cool. ;)

·
Registered
266 Posts
I went for a drive this afternoon. Couple of on-ramp rips, some tunnel downshifts and WOTs, some highway cruising. Love this car.

Funny story: on the highway, I saw a clone of my Durango - White R/T, 2018+, blacktop package and tow package. I mean, identical on the exterior. I thought “hey here is another cool middle aged dude out enjoying his Hemi.” As it passed me, I looked over and it was a 60 ish year old lady sitting far too close to the steering wheel and going faster than I was.

So yeah, I’m not that cool. ;)
She was stylin' and profilin' in her R/T, just like you, buddy. 😎

4021 - 4040 of 4097 Posts