Dodge Durango Forum banner

3741 - 3760 of 3765 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
New battery.

Replaced the original H7 battery from 2014 with a new Duralast AGM Platinum H8 battery. The six year old battery received a "marginal" rating at my last oil change, but was still functional.

CCA goes from 700 --> 900 with the H8 upgrade, which is always welcome in Minnesota winters. Note, this requires a new and shorter battery hold down bracket #68039242AA since the H8 battery is physically bigger. The tight fit under the seat makes putting the new hold down bracket on a pain, but it is doable. I don't think I have ever seen a six year old battery look this clean, not even a hint of corrosion on the battery terminals.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
New battery.

Replaced the original H7 battery from 2014 with a new Duralast AGM Platinum H8 battery. The six year old battery received a "marginal" rating at my last oil change, but was still functional.

CCA goes from 700 --> 900 with the H8 upgrade, which is always welcome in Minnesota winters. Note, this requires a new and shorter battery hold down bracket #68039242AA since the H8 battery is physically bigger. The tight fit under the seat makes putting the new hold down bracket on a pain, but it is doable. I don't think I have ever seen a six year old battery look this clean, not even a hint of corrosion on the battery terminals.

View attachment 111560
I thought you were replacing the Duralast battery...that OEM battery looks brand new as you said.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Durango R/T
18 Posts
How much do they stick out past the fender?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No too too bad, but it does have a little poke. Here are some side shots. Front wheels kinda turned in the first pic. Alot of it has to do with the way the fenders kinda taper in. Once its dropped shouldnt be too noticeable. Should line up with the top of the fender fairly even. If they still poke a little, I might get some of those mini fender flares sarona sells.
20200901_185232.jpg
20200906_141702.jpg

·
Registered
130 Posts
No too too bad, but it does have a little poke. Here are some side shots. Front wheels kinda turned in the first pic. Alot of it has to do with the way the fenders kinda taper in. Once its dropped shouldnt be too noticeable. Should line up with the top of the fender fairly even. If they still poke a little, I might get some of those mini fender flares sarona sells.
View attachment 111565 View attachment 111566
actually am digging that offset. It kinda makes a statement like this is my parking spot,,,, beeeeaaatch! Pardon my Hungarian!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
View attachment 111565 View attachment 111566
Rocket sled!

3741 - 3760 of 3765 Posts