Dodge Durango Forum banner

3581 - 3597 of 3597 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got the unlocked pcm and Diablo installed...running canned 93 tune, currently, but did order the hemifever tune...just waiting for him to get back to me now. He tunes my buddy's RAM (currently the fastest n/a, stock heads and cam single cab) ...planning on a cam and headers soon too ( Soon as In sometime between now and 2022...lol)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Dodge Durango 2016, 5.7 L and I changed everything, fluids, tranny, coolant, filters, everything for my vehicle here:

www.searchforparts.com/oil-change/dodge-trucks-2016-durango-5.7l-t

they made it easy since everything is listed for my vehicle on a single page and did it myself, with the help of a friend who has a garage/shop.
I needed to do some serious maintenance since I haven't done much except take it to the dealer every now and then for the stock fluids they put in, they wanted big time money for flushing everything out.

also changed the grill, 4 pc chrome mesh grill, pricey but I like it
www.carid.com/2016-dodge-durango-grill/black-horse-mesh-grille-2781217316.html?parentsubmodel[]=ENGINE|5.7L

Up next, Pirelli Scorpion tires!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Finished updating my steering wheel with carbon, new horn badge and horn trim.
Received my Sarona trunk spoiler, but my body shop is still closed =(
Got a great (under the table) price for the performance hood from Dodge (painted and installed by Dodge) - will be done in two weeks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Wooo Hooo spending the day on the Durango Ceramic Coating it today! Can't wait to see the results. Going to be a full day of work through.
Curious on your results. I’m weighing going w/ ceramic coating vs tradition 3 stage wax process. I have an older black vehicle w/ some wear on the paint. If anyone has experience in this area pls advise. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Will Do DurangoCitadel, I have black also. I am used to Griots Boss polish and Best in Show wax but bought the whole package from CarPro to do a CQuartz 3 UK on it. Will take some pics along the way. Taking this opportunity to touch up and wet sand some of the chips on the hood also.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well, it is done!

1.Started with a wash to get it clean
2.Sprayed it down with CarPro IronX (Stinky stuff)
3.Rinsed the whole vehicle with a hose, did a light dry on it
4.Sprayed it down with CarPro TarX (much better smelling, I found out now that they have a new product with both in it to cut down a stage)
5.Took it to the touchless wash and dry then back home
6.Clay Barred the whole thing
7.Polished out the whole vehicle with Griots Boss Correcting Cream
8.Sprayed it down with CarPro Eraser (like an ancohol)
9.Applied CarPro cQuartz 3.0 UK (I have to say it went on VERY easily as long as you did it in small sections, max 2 x 2 ft)
10.Applied CarPro Reload over the whole vehicle
11.Pulled each wheel and did all the above steps
12. Lock it up in the garage for 24 hours to cure
Needless to say, I am tired.

Keep in mind that the ceramic coating highlights all of your imperfections so you want to get your vehicle as good as possible in the polishing stage, get every swirl out that you can before you put a rock hard coating over the top of everything.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Durango SXT+
9 Posts
I added a chip guard to the front... I've never really liked them before, but this one is very low profile and looks good.
I also started an interior chrome-delete.. I pulled and painted the vents. I'd like to do the ring around the radio and center console but that seems like a chore I'm not ready to handle.. I think this is subtle enough though.

View attachment 110094 View attachment 110095 View attachment 110096
Hey...Really like the chip guard. We like the low profile. Can you let us know what kind of is and where you got it from. Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got the unlocked pcm and Diablo installed...running canned 93 tune, currently, but did order the hemifever tune...just waiting for him to get back to me now. He tunes my buddy's RAM (currently the fastest n/a, stock heads and cam single cab) ...planning on a cam and headers soon too ( Soon as In sometime between now and 2022...lol)

Got the custom tune in. Runs great, shifts great...whole new beast. Added 180 thermostat... Looking to do rear gear swap... Been real difficult to find info though. Does anyone know of the gears in the Durango are the same as the chargers/challengers (230 mm)?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got the custom tune in. Runs great, shifts great...whole new beast. Added 180 thermostat... Looking to do rear gear swap... Been real difficult to find info though. Does anyone know of the gears in the Durango are the same as the chargers/challengers (230 mm)?

Turns out you can't change gears so easily.... On the look out for a 230mm 3.45....

3581 - 3597 of 3597 Posts