Dodge Durango Forum banner

3461 - 3480 of 3540 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts

Im thinking about grabbing a drone, Ill be able to grab it in motion.
Nice... I like the 26’s.. how does it drive? yea I’m waiting for some nice weather. I got 3 and thinking about selling one!

I think that things needs a Sarona Kit....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
My Durango only seen the road for about 300 miles over the last 6 weeks. Since I'm not working because of the current madness she just sits in the garage and i go wipe her down from time to time.
I have washed our 2019 Charger and 2010 Audi S4 as one of my biggest therapy's is washing. I'm starting to get restless as I have not washed her in 6 weeks. When I got laid off, my stress was a bit high and I did a full Snow foam wash, wax and basically touch up detail. I use Ceramic products so dirt really don't stick well. Even in the rare time I drive it in the rain, after it dries it's barely dirty.
So today the weather is going to be around 67 degrees and I want to run and and buy Chemical Guys Snow foam car Shampoo. I have not tried that one out yet and since I'm restless I want to go play with it.
I have tons of different car shampoos from Chemical guys, Griots Garage, Adams Polishes and even Jay Leno's garage which all works amazing. BUT I'm nuts and want to try out yet another one LOL.
So that's what I want to do with my Durango today is wash a pretty clean almost perfect but for the therapy an fun of snow foaming.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My Durango only seen the road for about 300 miles over the last 6 weeks. Since I'm not working because of the current madness she just sits in the garage and i go wipe her down from time to time.
I have washed our 2019 Charger and 2010 Audi S4 as one of my biggest therapy's is washing. I'm starting to get restless as I have not washed her in 6 weeks. When I got laid off, my stress was a bit high and I did a full Snow foam wash, wax and basically touch up detail. I use Ceramic products so dirt really don't stick well. Even in the rare time I drive it in the rain, after it dries it's barely dirty.
So today the weather is going to be around 67 degrees and I want to run and and buy Chemical Guys Snow foam car Shampoo. I have not tried that one out yet and since I'm restless I want to go play with it.
I have tons of different car shampoos from Chemical guys, Griots Garage, Adams Polishes and even Jay Leno's garage which all works amazing. BUT I'm nuts and want to try out yet another one LOL.
So that's what I want to do with my Durango today is wash a pretty clean almost perfect but for the therapy an fun of snow foaming.
Mantis, Sorry to hear you got laid off. Just remember one door closes and another opens. My D is due for a wash and coating itself hopefully this weekend is good because I want to do the same and install my led reverse bulbs I’ve had since the winter...

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Mantis, Sorry to hear you got laid off. Just remember one door closes and another opens. My D is due for a wash and coating itself hopefully this weekend is good because I want to do the same and install my led reverse bulbs I’ve had since the winter...

Thanks man,
Here in Pa it's beautiful today. I picked up some Chemical Guys Snow Foam car shampoo and I'm excited to try it out.
LED reverse light bulbs, do you have to also install any kind of conversion kit or are they direct replacements? Wonder do they cost more per bulb vs stocks bulbs? I'd like to see a before and after my friend.

·
Registered
814 Posts
@mantis @BigD’sRanGo

Must be that time of year. I'm doing mine next week as well. I'm waiting for my new 15mm Adam's Polishes Swirl Killer DA polisher to come in next week. I've been using a Porter Cable 7424XP DA polisher for the past few years, and while it works, I'm always needing and wishing I had something that works a little better and more efficient.

I have/had McKee's 37 ceramic on all 3 of our vehicles, but it failed on the 2 I drive in the winter. It was fine mostly on the top, but where the salt from the roads got on them it ate through the ceramic all the way around the bottom half of the vehicles. I also feel their ceramic is a little on the weak side when it comes to getting chemicals on it, that and I can literally hand polish it off within seconds.

So last weekend I started and finished my soon to be daughters 2014 Dart GT, mainly because it sits outside 24/7. I too have a foam cannon (so much fun, and therapeutic in nature), and washed, deconed, clayed, and did a 2 stage correction and polish on it. I used Griots Garage for the correction and polish, that stuff is amazing. I then used CarPro Eraser and followed it up with their CQuartz UK 3.0 ceramic, and applied their top coat over that called Gliss. That car is black, and let's just say it needed a good amount of work to get rid of the spiderweb marks and scratches on it. It is now near perfect again, and has a deep reflective shine that is unreal, and so looks like a black mirror with wheels.

I've got to say I'm really looking forward to doing the same thing to my Durango, which is in the Redline 2 color next week. The following week I'm doing the same thing with my Plum Crazy Purple Daytona 392. I figured why not, they haven't really left the house in weeks, so might as well make them all look awesome while they are sitting around.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
814 Posts
BTW, I've used Chemical Guys and their snow foam in the past. It works great, and at least in the case of Honeydew, it smells good to. I've still got some in case I feel like using it again. Lately, I've been on the CarPro train and have been using their Reset shampoo. That stuff works well and smells good too.

Between the 2, I feel CG has a slighly thicker foam, but both work pretty well.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Durango RT
48 Posts
Nice... I like the 26’s.. how does it drive? yea I’m waiting for some nice weather. I got 3 and thinking about selling one!

I think that things needs a Sarona Kit....

Drives fine no issues,

Ive been looking at the Sarona Kit but not quite sure what the other one looks like, Ive contacted support and they just told me like a bland description so im trying to hold off until they can at least supply a better photo

·
Registered
95 Posts
Finally got my AFE Intake
View attachment 109854
Looks good. You might want to remove the AFE Power tin emblem as it has a tendency to fall off due to heat. I took mine off cause after a few months it became very loose. I think it looks cleaner without as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got them put on. I had to do the parking brake pedal sideways (it would not stay on the other way, it's a Mercedes parking brake pedal). The dead pedal involved removing side trim and panel, lifting carpet, running screws through carpet to a backer plate and snuggling it all back down and together.
I also put in a 180° thermostat and adjusted my tune so that the fans come on correctly.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Upgraded from stock wipers to Rain-X arch-style ones. Huge difference. Decided to go with 21+21 instead of 22+21, and it was definitely a good idea.

3461 - 3480 of 3540 Posts