Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did a test fit on the Strut Tower Brace I ordered for the White 2013 Citadel Hemi today. I ordered this around the First of the year based on another member's recommendation.It shipped from Russia and took over a month and a half to get here. Finish is excellent which I believe to be powder coated. Yeah it's white and I have a Deep Cherry Red Jeep but it was ordered for the white Citadel. Had to be careful when placing on the towers due to the wiring for the Jeep's QuadriLift Air Suspension.

Remember these bars are speced for the WK2 Jeep and a member purchased one and found he had to remove an unused stud on one of the strut towers to get it fit. I think the White stands out nicely. Should have it on tomorrow.

The price was less than half of other popular bars from "Name Brands" even with inflated shipping due to coming from Russia. Looking closely at the bar, I can say the material and workmanship is top rate.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
AFE Intake kit will be here early next week so I can get rid of the "Honker" silencer and air box and clean the engine compartment up even more!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. It was originally intended for the White Citadel which of course was all white under the hood. Contrast on the Cherry red looks OK. No one is going to see it unless they open the hood anyway.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Strut Brace is a No Go! Bar won't clear the air suspension connections on the Drivers Side tower.

Anyone want to buy a never installed Strut Tower Brace for their Durango in White? Figure around $175 shipped?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordered another Strut Tower Brace from Russia. This time for the WK2 Jeep with Air Suspension in Candy Red !! Probably take about month & half to get here like the White one but it'll be worth it.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should slap one of my chrome "Hemi" badges on the back to piss the "Purists" off! heh

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mo Powah!

Can't wait to install that +16HP/+24 LB-Ft Torgue in the JGC!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's the current stock intake on the JGC. I might have time to install the AFE this weekend.

The throttle body is located at the back on the passenger side under that big plastic engine cover. The AFE intake has two different pieces of intake tubing that go from the air box back to the throttle body. The tube neatest to the air box is 3.5" dia and where it turns 90 degrees to go back reduces to a 3" dia tube. It's a lot more parts and assembly than the Hemi intakes.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ordered some 3D Maxpider Kagu floor mats and a Cargo Liner for El Jeepo today. The Kagu line is some great sheet. Had their Cargo Liner in Durango III. Reminds me...need to list that for sale used.

Floor Mats:

Cargo Liner:

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
WOW those mats are sweet. Where did you find that brand? Seems like most people go Weather Tech or Husky. What are they made out of? Looks like some kind of cool material.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
DUDE!!!!!!!!
I just checked out a few youtube videos with these mats, I gotta have them WOW are they nice. Form fitting, light and look better then any other weather style mat I have seen. I'm SOLD!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WOW those mats are sweet. Where did you find that brand? Seems like most people go Weather Tech or Husky. What are they made out of? Looks like some kind of cool material.
I'm not sure of the material for the floor mats....haven't received them yet. The cargo liner is almost like a patterned felt. The underside has similar to velcro and sticks in place on the oem carpet. The one I had in the Durango was the smaller type that fit in the section behind the 3rd row seats when they were up. Never moved. Still looks like brand new.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DUDE!!!!!!!!
I just checked out a few youtube videos with these mats, I gotta have them WOW are they nice. Form fitting, light and look better then any other weather style mat I have seen. I'm SOLD!
There were WeatherTech mats in the Durango when I bought it. I didn't really like them and I believe they had a hand in the off road excursion that totaled it. My heel would slide around more than once my foot slipped off the brake and headed for the gas pedal. I had bought new OEM carpet mats and hadn't installed them. Need to list those for sale also. Brand new never used!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I found the Maxpider cargo liner for the Durango on AutoAnything.com. I got a discount code for 20% off and went looking for the Jeep mats/liner. That's when I decided to try the floor mats. I have the OEM carpet mats with Jeep embroidered and don't want to mess them up.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Geez look at those, They are Blue right? Well being brand new like that I can't see them lasting long. You'll sell them quickly.

They're actually the black/charcoal color. That was just the stock sale photo...not the actual mats. I'll take pictures of the actual mats when I go to post for sale.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Waiting on my Strut Tower Brace that I ordered from "Motherland Russia" at the beginning of this month. Won't get here until late July.

I tried using the White Strut Brace I bought for the Durango but that's a no go. The Air Suspension on El Jeepo interferes with that bar due to clearance on the Drivers side strut tower and the suspension connections. Ordered the correct one in Candy Apple Red. We'll see what it looks like.

The white brace is a quality piece. Great welds and immaculate powder coating. Look for a sale on it soon! Same as this but in Gloss White.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts