Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, after inspecting the underside of my durango yesterday during an oil change, I noticed the back end of the trans is still wet. This started just before 100k, the dealer claimed the pan seal gave out, and replaced it with new fluid too.
Ive cleaned the area twice now and both times the wetness reappeared. Is there anything else in that area that could leak, such as a fluid-filled mount? Totally plan on taking it back too, but can’t get it in for a few weeks.

·
Premium Member
3,630 Posts
Woody:
Is the wetness down by the pan, or possibly originating up where the t case bolts to the back of the trans? This would have been a great time to get the fluid changed, and the filter/pan replaced. Hopefully, it was a warranty repair. If the leak is higher than the pan seam, you might have a rear seal or T case seal going out.

Don

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woody:
Is the wetness down by the pan, or possibly originating up where the t case bolts to the back of the trans? This would have been a great time to get the fluid changed, and the filter/pan replaced. Hopefully, it was a warranty repair. If the leak is higher than the pan seam, you might have a rear seal or T case seal going out.

Don
I will crawl under there later today and inspect it. A couple months ago I cleaned it all really really good, and remember seeing it up higher along the backside of the trans. Logic tells me it’s not the pan gasket, and possibly wasn’t the gasket the first time. Yes it was performed under the last few miles of my powertrain warranty.

My family and I are going out of state for a trip next week, for 3 weeks, so unfortunately I can’t get it in and taken care of.

·
Premium Member
3,630 Posts
That repair should have a 12mo/12k warranty on it. They did not get it right the first time, so hopefully they will take care of you based upon that. Let us know how it goes.

Have a safe trip.

Don

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bummer, just checked my records and this was in on Nov 1st last year. Now it’s going to be a test of dealer willingness to help me. Maybe I will call tomorrow and see what they can do.

Reactions: Don Fox
1 - 5 of 5 Posts