Dodge Durango Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
168 Posts
They are coming off on mine towards the end of the mont to have PPF installed on the rest of my vehicle.

Do wish there were more PPF installers in my area, there’s only a handful and they’re all booked up

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Mine is coming off too. I don't think you should be that surprised considering some of the build quality issues. Mine will probably just get ripped off and have PPF applied before winter.
They are coming off on mine towards the end of the mont to have PPF installed on the rest of my vehicle.

Do wish there were more PPF installers in my area, there’s only a handful and they’re all booked up
Are you guys doing full vehicle PPF? I only did the hood/mirrors on my '18 and planning on doing full hood, fenders and mirrors on the HC. Also getting the paint correction and ceramic coating done.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
168 Posts
Are you guys doing full vehicle PPF? I only did the hood/mirrors on my '18 and planning on doing full hood, fenders and mirrors on the HC. Also getting the paint correction and ceramic coating done.
I’ll have the full thing done for PPF on mine with paint correction. Right now I just have the front and side skirts done, I’m having to split it in 2 sessions as this was the only way to get it done sooner than later.

I will have some ceramic coating done, looking at professionally having it done on the wheels/calipers but I’ll do the body myself. Also need to get around to tinting the front windows, not sure when I’ll do that.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Wow, that looks very glossy! Wet by looking, that’s a great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Used these guys on my '18 and again now. They do good work. My '18 had the Xpel. This one is a different brand, forget the name. But he mentioned it was a glossier look that didn't fade like the Xpel. I never noticed fade on my '18 but I did have it replaced after 2yrs due to a fender bender so not accurate.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Interesting on the fade comment. I never heard that before. I had the expel on my 2015 Ferrari 458 Italia and had it for four years, never thought it faded, though I did have C Quartz ceramic on it as well.
I just had the new addition 812 Superfast done in the new edition of Expel called Ultimate Gloss with ceramic and it’s pretty shiny too. I hope it doesn’t fade!!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Interesting on the fade comment. I never heard that before. I had the expel on my 2015 Ferrari 458 Italia and had it for four years, never thought it faded, though I did have C Quartz ceramic on it as well.
I just had the new addition 812 Superfast done in the new edition of Expel called Ultimate Gloss with ceramic and it’s pretty shiny too. I hope it doesn’t fade!!

Suntek Ultra is the brand I have on mine now.
Comes with a 10yr warranty.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Interesting, great to know on the 10 year. I will possibly try that for the wife’s HC

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
168 Posts
Suntek has a new 12 year, but I don’t know much about it. Only one installer in my area and they are an hour away.

I will say the gloss in my Xpel is great. I don’t have the whole vehicle done yet but will be towards the end of this month or next. Xpel also has a 10 year warranty, I don’t know their terms but I’m guessing gloss fade would be covered.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Suntek has a new 12 year, but I don’t know much about it. Only one installer in my area and they are an hour away.

I will say the gloss in my Xpel is great. I don’t have the whole vehicle done yet but will be towards the end of this month or next. Xpel also has a 10 year warranty, I don’t know their terms but I’m guessing gloss fade would be covered.
The guy I used is 45min away from me. But the few people closer to me were a few hundred bucks more expensive so worth the drive for me.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts