Dodge Durango Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
The Durango hellcat is already old news. Now the Hellaphant Durango that Hennessy is building is what I want lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
168 Posts
The Durango hellcat is already old news. Now the Hellaphant Durango that Hennessy is building is what I want lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I wouldn't trust Hennessy with a dollar. Sure they've done some interesting things but it's been well documented that they have money issues. Especially taking peoples money to use on previous builds that they haven't completed.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I wouldn't trust Hennessy with a dollar. Sure they've done some interesting things but it's been well documented that they have money issues. Especially taking peoples money to use on previous builds that they haven't completed.
Not to mention that they are WAAAAAAAY overpriced on their stuff--example: To convert a TrackHawk to 1000HP, they charge $34K, but you can get the same HP level from Livernois for less than $7000 . . . I would assume the same pricing applies to the Durango Hellcat . . .

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hennessey is a crook...period. Why he continues to get any press is beyond me. Just like what was said above, there are reputable Mopar shops that would crush his builds at a fraction of the price. Not to mention they couldn't tune a piano, let alone a Hellcat engine.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
SRT Customer Service has tried expediting my parts. Latest update is they should arrive next week.
In the mean time my UConnect has frozen. worked erratically or slowly.
My fuel gauge drops VERY quickly. Today it was reading way below 1/4 tank yet took 19 gallons to fill.
Other than that, it's been a blast.

·
Registered
108 Posts
SRT Customer Service has tried expediting my parts. Latest update is they should arrive next week.
In the mean time my UConnect has frozen. worked erratically or slowly.
My fuel gauge drops VERY quickly. Today it was reading way below 1/4 tank yet took 19 gallons to fill.
Other than that, it's been a blast.
yeah... my fuel gauge drops quickly too but that is more correlation to my foot :ROFLMAO: I'll have to pay attention to where it is at and filling but I generally don't allow it past 1/4 tank.

I had to reset the uconnect to finally get it to activate services

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
yeah... my fuel gauge drops quickly too but that is more correlation to my foot :ROFLMAO: I'll have to pay attention to where it is at and filling but I generally don't allow it past 1/4 tank.

I had to reset the uconnect to finally get it to activate services
LOL, that's what I initially thought. Knowing this wasn't the fuel miser that my '18 was.
But it is definitely off. I purposely ran it below 1/4 tank to check it.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Going back to the dealer next week:
  • Fix the initial "repair" of the passenger side view mirror
  • Another blemish in the paint that was missed the first time on the rear bumper
  • Instal parts for the front passenger door
  • Check on fuel gauge
  • Check right front parking sensor
  • UConnect/SiriusXM issues and glitches

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
@CaptMoe i bet that lag you’re feeling is because it’s set for Auto in the SRT pages.

I experienced the same but switching out of that to street or track and I noticed much better throttle response. I didn’t gun it in those modes yet as I’m waiting to get through the 500 mi break in period.
One of the things I noticed with my Trackhawk was that if it's in "Automatic" mode, it starts out in second gear, which makes it feel a little sluggish, but it starts out in First gear for Sport, Track and Tow . . . I checked on my Durango, and it's doing the same thing, so this is probably why it feels like there's a little lag.
How are you guys seeing the gear it's in?
For some reason I remember the 2018 showing the gear under the D at all times. This one doesn't unless you manually shift. Auto doesn't seem to be starting out in 2nd. I do remember SNOW mode starting in 2nd.
I've done a few runs in manual mode starting out in 1st and still felt the lag. Also, had a hesitation one time while accelerating hard from a stop. Almost like a miss in the engine. Will keep an eye on that.

·
Registered
123 Posts
How are you guys seeing the gear it's in?
For some reason I remember the 2018 showing the gear under the D at all times. This one doesn't unless you manually shift. Auto doesn't seem to be starting out in 2nd. I do remember SNOW mode starting in 2nd.
I've done a few runs in manual mode starting out in 1st and still felt the lag. Also, had a hesitation one time while accelerating hard from a stop. Almost like a miss in the engine. Will keep an eye on that.
By default, it doesn't show the gear it's in; you have to go in and enable that using the steering wheel controls . . . also, as far as I am aware, it only starts out in 2nd when you are in Automatic mode . . . possibly with Eco enabled

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
By default, it doesn't show the gear it's in; you have to go in and enable that using the steering wheel controls . . . also, as far as I am aware, it only starts out in 2nd when you are in Automatic mode . . . possibly with Eco enabled
Thanks. I didn't remember having to do that on my '18.
It starts out in 2nd only in ECO or SNOW.
AUTO mode starts out in 1st.

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
If you put it in manual shift, you can put it in 2nd before you start as well, regardless of mode.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Going back to the dealer next week:
  • Fix the initial "repair" of the passenger side view mirror
  • Another blemish in the paint that was missed the first time on the rear bumper
  • Instal parts for the front passenger door
  • Check on fuel gauge
  • Check right front parking sensor
  • UConnect/SiriusXM issues and glitches
Hi CaptMoe,
Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situation. If we can be of any additional support while your vehicle is in service, we're just a PM away.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Hi CaptMoe,
Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situation. If we can be of any additional support while your vehicle is in service, we're just a PM away.

Rob
Dodge Cares
Update:
  • The mirror miraculously fixed itself. The slight dent still visible after the initial repair is gone. I didn't want it going back to the body shop so the blemish on the rear bumper will be taken care of by my shop.
  • Weatherstrip/moulding was installed. Service Writer tells me I need to wait a few months in order for the moulding to conform to the shape of the door. In other words, parts were installed and the problem persists. Why wasn't I told this "parts are new, give it time" fix when the vehicle was brand new? this is why people hate dealerships
  • Fuel gauge was checked and no codes were found in the system. When I asked if a bad sending unit would trigger a code I was told it would. I'm not convinced of that so if anyone here has experience with this, please confirm this for me. A visual check of the gauge is all you need to see that the needle's position never matches the DTE. something isn't right but because there wasn't a code, nothing was done to fix it.
  • Same story with the right/front parking sensor. Never happened to the tech, no codes in the system, nothing done to fix it.
  • Same story with the Sirius/XM radio. This one got me very annoyed as the tech told the writer the radio is working properly when it clearly isn't. My loaner car has this radio and the REPLAY feature is working as it should. Mine worked for about 2 weeks then stopped working. But, again, because the tech seems intent on only looking for codes, nothing is being done about it.
  • I didn't get to ask about the nav system freezing up. Will discuss it in person.
  • Plastic shields for the rear wheel opening flares are ordered

·
Registered
66 Posts
Update:
  • The mirror miraculously fixed itself. The slight dent still visible after the initial repair is gone. I didn't want it going back to the body shop so the blemish on the rear bumper will be taken care of by my shop.
  • Weatherstrip/moulding was installed. Service Writer tells me I need to wait a few months in order for the moulding to conform to the shape of the door. In other words, parts were installed and the problem persists. Why wasn't I told this "parts are new, give it time" fix when the vehicle was brand new? this is why people hate dealerships
  • Fuel gauge was checked and no codes were found in the system. When I asked if a bad sending unit would trigger a code I was told it would. I'm not convinced of that so if anyone here has experience with this, please confirm this for me. A visual check of the gauge is all you need to see that the needle's position never matches the DTE. something isn't right but because there wasn't a code, nothing was done to fix it.
  • Same story with the right/front parking sensor. Never happened to the tech, no codes in the system, nothing done to fix it.
  • Same story with the Sirius/XM radio. This one got me very annoyed as the tech told the writer the radio is working properly when it clearly isn't. My loaner car has this radio and the REPLAY feature is working as it should. Mine worked for about 2 weeks then stopped working. But, again, because the tech seems intent on only looking for codes, nothing is being done about it.
  • I didn't get to ask about the nav system freezing up. Will discuss it in person.
  • Plastic shields for the rear wheel opening flares are ordered
The fuel gauge isn't an even break up. If you look closely, the size they have designated for each section is not equal. I don't know if this provides a reason for your discrepancy, but 3/4 to full is a larger piece of the pie so to speak when you compare it to the section designated for the empty to 1/4 of a tank. Just thought I would mention that since I thought it was kind of strange, but I tend to just use that as a general guide and use the DTE as my bible.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
The fuel gauge isn't an even break up. If you look closely, the size they have designated for each section is not equal. I don't know if this provides a reason for your discrepancy, but 3/4 to full is a larger piece of the pie so to speak when you compare it to the section designated for the empty to 1/4 of a tank. Just thought I would mention that since I thought it was kind of strange, but I tend to just use that as a general guide and use the DTE as my bible.
Hmmm, I hadn't noiced that. I wonder if the gauge was different on my '18. Because it was pretty close when I figured how much it would take to fill up. DTE is probably the way to go but I did want to make sure there wasn't an issue with the gauge that would get worse with time.
Thanks for the observation!!!

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
168 Posts
On the front edge of the rear wheel fender flares there are plastic covers that I guess are meant to protect the flares from rocks. The have started to peel away. I had taken a picture but can't find it now.
I think you’re referring to the clear film that’s applied in that area. Surprised it’s already peeling off, normally that’s applied pretty well.

Doesn't help much though, I noticed these wheels really kick things up onto the doors and rear pretty well.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mine is coming off too. I don't think you should be that surprised considering some of the build quality issues. Mine will probably just get ripped off and have PPF applied before winter.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts