Dodge Durango Forum banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
First run, launched at around 1500rpm = 3.7
Definitely felt the kick on this one. I'll try again after a couple hundred miles.

·
Registered
148 Posts
That's crazy quick. Enjoy it!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: CaptMoe

·
Registered
66 Posts
That looks awesome Cap...I'm going to run a contest soon at which will get to me first....My Billet Technology catch can and underhood pieces in Octane Red (Ordered November 12th) or my actual Octane Red Hellcat (Ordered Nov. 6th)
I'll have to figure out the rules and prizes :confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice!!! Congrats!! I still can't even get a build sheet for my Octane Red...ridiculous! I probably won't see mine until May and I ordered day one on November 6th. To say I'm pissed at this point is an understatement.
Let me know how you like it once you have a few miles under your belt!
I'm with you same situation..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nice!!! Congrats!! I still can't even get a build sheet for my Octane Red...ridiculous! I probably won't see mine until May and I ordered day one on November 6th. To say I'm pissed at this point is an understatement.
Let me know how you like it once you have a few miles under your belt!
I ordered mine on the 6th too. Picked it up 2 days ago. I love it. Better than my Hellcat Charger. It drives different I can’t explain it. I went ahead and ordered a Redeye Charger while I was there.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Durango HC, Wide Body Challenger HC, 2020 Dodge Ram 2500 - for the toys.
37 Posts
Congats on the member to you family. Still no rhyme or reason to the order the DDCH’s are being built. Picked up my Octane Red Durango two weeks ago, ordered Nov 14th. Doing the Dodge Bondurant experience tomorrow, April 2nd. in Chandler, AZ. It was cutting it close to getting into the class as I had to take possession of the Hellcat first. They couldn’t run with just the downpayment and assigned VIN.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Congats on the member to you family. Still no rhyme or reason to the order the DDCH’s are being built. Picked up my Octane Red Durango two weeks ago, ordered Nov 14th. Doing the Dodge Bondurant experience tomorrow, April 2nd. in Chandler, AZ. It was cutting it close to getting into the class as I had to take possession of the Hellcat first. They couldn’t run with just the downpayment and assigned VIN.
What do you mean "cutting it close"?

·
Registered
37 Posts
No was looking at the April 2nd class with my fiancé and they went ahead and scheduled him and said they would hold a spot for me. Now the problem was he couldn’t reschedule and I had to take possession of the DDCH before I could attend. Took possession 5 days before needing to leave Indiana driving Old Route 66 to Arizona. That was cutting it close.

·
Registered
37 Posts
To Anyone who has the chance to attend the driving experience offered by Dodge for your Hellcats or SRT’s, It well worth the day. You do learn a lot about just what these vehicles will do. Very well organized and lots of driving through different courses. Sooo much fun and then riding with a professional at the end of the day is a whole new experience that you won’t forget. Put it in you bucket list and go do it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Went to get my 500 mile oil change today. No one knows how to do it. Took it to 2 places and then the dealership, who also doesn’t know how to do it. They are calling SRT and researching it so it’s gonna be a minute. I’m gonna make a thread on the Hellcat Forum on how to do it with pictures as the whole underside needs to come off. Anyone else experienced this? Anyways soon as it’s done I’ll make the thread and hopefully it’ll help.

·
Registered
2020 DDSRT Octane Red, 2020 Ram 1500 Crew
62 Posts
Went to get my 500 mile oil change today. No one knows how to do it. Took it to 2 places and then the dealership, who also doesn’t know how to do it. They are calling SRT and researching it so it’s gonna be a minute. I’m gonna make a thread on the Hellcat Forum on how to do it with pictures as the whole underside needs to come off. Anyone else experienced this? Anyways soon as it’s done I’ll make the thread and hopefully it’ll help.
Isn't there an access cut out just for changing the oil. The only issue I had when changing the oil was the oil filter drain ramp being in the way. Took it off, loosened the filter, put it back on, then let it drip down the ramp before complete removal.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Isn't there an access cut out just for changing the oil. The only issue I had when changing the oil was the oil filter drain ramp being in the way. Took it off, loosened the filter, put it back on, then let it drip down the ramp before complete removal.
No everything has to come off. Then there is another part where the oil cooler is. They didn’t have the rivets to replace I guess they put new rivets every time. They said they are ordering 20 oil change kits so they will have them. Odd for sure you’d think they could reuse but I’m fine with new every time. Once I have all pics I’ll post a thread.

·
Registered
66 Posts
To Anyone who has the chance to attend the driving experience offered by Dodge for your Hellcats or SRT’s, It well worth the day. You do learn a lot about just what these vehicles will do. Very well organized and lots of driving through different courses. Sooo much fun and then riding with a professional at the end of the day is a whole new experience that you won’t forget. Put it in you bucket list and go do it.
I've done 6 days back when they had the SRT Track Experience. It was a blast and I looked forward to doing it every year, but there is zero chance that I'm going all the way to Arizona from NY for that, especially when I was used to the guys at the Track Experience allowing me to do things that weren't always a part of the regular program. :)

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
168 Posts
@CaptMoe i bet that lag you’re feeling is because it’s set for Auto in the SRT pages.

I experienced the same but switching out of that to street or track and I noticed much better throttle response. I didn’t gun it in those modes yet as I’m waiting to get through the 500 mi break in period.

·
Registered
123 Posts
@CaptMoe i bet that lag you’re feeling is because it’s set for Auto in the SRT pages.

I experienced the same but switching out of that to street or track and I noticed much better throttle response. I didn’t gun it in those modes yet as I’m waiting to get through the 500 mi break in period.
One of the things I noticed with my Trackhawk was that if it's in "Automatic" mode, it starts out in second gear, which makes it feel a little sluggish, but it starts out in First gear for Sport, Track and Tow . . . I checked on my Durango, and it's doing the same thing, so this is probably why it feels like there's a little lag.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·

One of the things I noticed with my Trackhawk was that if it's in "Automatic" mode, it starts out in second gear, which makes it feel a little sluggish, but it starts out in First gear for Sport, Track and Tow . . . I checked on my Durango, and it's doing the same thing, so this is probably why it feels like there's a little lag.
Really? I hadn't noticed that it did in Auto. Will check this morning.
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Dropping the beast off today to get the paint issues corrected.
Also have the front passenger door not latching correctly. You have to basically slam it for it to close. Most likely a latch adjustment. Will update when I get the vehicle back.

I got SRT Customer Service involved as the dealer did not have a loaner until the end of April. That wasn't acceptable to me because I want to get the front wrapped and the ceramic treatment on the truck, things I can't do until the paint is fixed. I will get a rental thru the dealer from Enterprise and any expenses (which the dealer said would be $5/day) will be reimbursed by SRT.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I got the truck back after a week. Most of the paint issues were corrected except for the passenger rear view mirror cover. Literally looked like they just painted over the gouge. Service Advisor saw it before I did. So it will go back to the body shop. When? When the parts come in for my passenger door issue. Apparently there is no latch adjustment so they are replacing the moulding and weatherstrip...smh
Parts are on order.

41 - 60 of 91 Posts