Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2018 SRT Durango
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s official. I canceled my order and I’m getting a refund of my deposit.

Long story short is like many of you have been waiting for a long time for this to become available and made every effort to get one ordered on November 6, which I did. But it has been pushed back again and I already sold my SRT Durango in mid March when they told me it was about to be shipped. Now I’m looking at May.
I am not a fan of how they did not prioritize sold orders. And I’m not a fan of how this process has worked and the complete lack of communication.

this hellcat is absolutely amazing and I wish you all the best and will continue to read about your exploits! I am going a different direction and purchasing a competitor from the performance SUV segment. Picking it up Saturday.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I get it, sometimes if you are made to wait long enough for your meal at the table the experience is soured no matter how good it is by the time it gets to you. Yes someone will gladly take your place, but that's got nothing to do with your own experience. Hope you enjoy the other ride no matter what it is.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I didn’t order mine but the dealer I bought my ‘18 DDSRT has one coming this month but the sales manager want to mark it up and I told him I’m not paying a markup we will see what happens when it arrives. If he doesn’t change his mind I’ll be ordering a X7 M50i.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you don't need 6 seats there are plenty of 5 person fast SUV's...Heck I'm sure there are some trackhawks sitting on dealer lots
I agree and I actually like the looks of the Jeep more. I even like the X5M but I personally need the third row and the Durango is the best to me.

·
Registered
2018 SRT Durango
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pretty much loaded it up since this may be a long term one- as I am nearing retirement.
sport package with the rear diff, active roll stabilization an rear steering, plus all the other goodies in the lux package.
it is no Hellcat, but C/D timed at at 3.6 to 60 and I have already seen a vid of one running 11.8 stock. But the handling is other worldly and there is already a great tune available by the same company that added 100 HP to my RS5.
I am excited- but I can’t lie- bummed about the DDHC. The way the Audi guys treat you when your spending this kind of money is just Mars and Venus to what I got from Dodge. Being a brand loyalist and mega repeat client got me nowhere.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pretty much loaded it up since this may be a long term one- as I am nearing retirement.
sport package with the rear diff, active roll stabilization an rear steering, plus all the other goodies in the lux package.
it is no Hellcat, but C/D timed at at 3.6 to 60 and I have already seen a vid of one running 11.8 stock. But the handling is other worldly and there is already a great tune available by the same company that added 100 HP to my RS5.
I am excited- but I can’t lie- bummed about the DDHC. The way the Audi guys treat you when your spending this kind of money is just Mars and Venus to what I got from Dodge. Being a brand loyalist and mega repeat client got me nowhere.
I am also jumping from my '18 DDSRT to an 2021 Audi RSQ8. Was originally trading my SRT for the Hellcat however my dealer in Toronto is charging close to 140k. For that price, so many other options in my opinion that will retain value better. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed my DDSRT however I just cannot justify paying that much for one. Not to mention from the previous reply, the service and care you get from a luxury german brand is next to none. Just looking forward to taking delivery in July for the my monster.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Very nice vehicle.Should have no QC issues. Mine is here in Colorado,will be delivered in a week or less.If any Major QC issues I Am walking away.

·
Registered
2018 SRT Durango
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So cool. I am excited for you. The Hellcat is so badass. Can’t wait to hear your driving impressions

·
Premium Member
4,094 Posts
SRT:
As much of a Dodge fan as I am, I don't blame you a bit. If I was spending that kind of money, I would not expect to be treated as you were. In reality, it should not matter how much one is spending. In the end, it's all about customer service. Something that seems to be going the way of common sense these days.

A dealer can make or break the car buying experience. More and more, it seems that the manufacturers could care less once the car leaves the factory, unless it gets into their pocket book.

Don

·
Registered
2018 SRT Durango
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
True about the Trackhawk. Another amazing vehicle.
we all know the Audi is a different kind of vehicle. It is luxury, world class handling and all the bells and whistles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It’s official. I canceled my order and I’m getting a refund of my deposit.

Long story short is like many of you have been waiting for a long time for this to become available and made every effort to get one ordered on November 6, which I did. But it has been pushed back again and I already sold my SRT Durango in mid March when they told me it was about to be shipped. Now I’m looking at May.
I am not a fan of how they did not prioritize sold orders. And I’m not a fan of how this process has worked and the complete lack of communication.

this hellcat is absolutely amazing and I wish you all the best and will continue to read about your exploits! I am going a different direction and purchasing a competitor from the performance SUV segment. Picking it up Saturday.
That's strange we have about 6 of them sitting on dealer lots in NY. They didn't have any white with red interior or my 2021 SRT would be getting traded in lol. Search NY dealers with 100 miles of 11001 zip code . They all say avalible.

·
Registered
2018 SRT Durango
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Yes- that is the kicker. They prioritized dealers over brand loyalists who are mega repeat clients like me- who placed order the first hour the ordering opened.
there is a VIN, but it is still not built.

also- I called on handful of them in the south here that are on the internet for MSRP. Everyone put me on hold or emailed me back and the price was marked up $20K.

I am obviously willing to go get it as evidenced by the fact that I’m flying to Atlanta on Saturday to drive nine hours back home with my new SQ8. I just couldn’t find a dealer who wasn’t greedy.

·
Registered
2018 SRT Durango
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1617926565285.jpeg

😂😂😂. Call and ask about this one. OMG. Her “ that car is not available”. Me: “but it is on your website”. Her: “ I understand sir, but it is not available. If you want one you have to come in and order one”. Me . 😂😂😂 click.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes- that is the kicker. They prioritized dealers over brand loyalists who are mega repeat clients like me- who placed order the first hour the ordering opened.
there is a VIN, but it is still not built.

also- I called on handful of them in the south here that are on the internet for MSRP. Everyone put me on hold or emailed me back and the price was marked up $20K.

I am obviously willing to go get it as evidenced by the fact that I’m flying to Atlanta on Saturday to drive nine hours back home with my new SQ8. I just couldn’t find a dealer who wasn’t greedy.
Really? They’re all marking up? If so by how much (were you told anyways).

1 - 20 of 79 Posts