Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife tried to get home from church and it will not go into gear! Flashing lights on gear shift! Will not go into park! Will not turn off! Stays in ACC! Service Stability Control and Park assist warnings flashed on screen. So called for tow its now at dealer for what ever repair it needs! Just what I needed to start my week off.:mad:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Interesting...I had mine "stuck" half way in and out of my garage because the sensors were dirty and freaking out and I had to wipe them all off and just keep fiddling with everything...please let us know what failed on yours...

·
Registered
2021 Durango RT
20 Posts
Did this happen at start up?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
no I pulled halfway out so exhaust was blowing outside and I had to get out to get something and then it was frozen..the friggen thing would not move and would not go into gear except park.After shutting down and cleaning off I went.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well if it was a dirty sensor when I turned off Park assist it should have cleared it! But it didn't - Turned off Stability control as well ! No change! In fact that is when it would no longer going into park nor turn off! Also ran the onboard Diagnostic and nothing showed up!

·
Registered
119 Posts
This one is a head scratcher. Very curious as to what the cause is.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Update: Its inside now they are charging the battery which was totally depleted. . IE couldn't turn the vehicle off! So hopefully Ill get some info later on whats wrong.
Hi Bucketlst,
Thank you for following up to provide this update. We're glad to hear that you are working with your dealer on this. Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situation. If we can be of any additional support while your vehicle is in service, we're just a PM away.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Premium Member
2021 RT Destroyer Grey Blacktop
51 Posts
darn..sorry to hear this. I hope they get it fixed right the first time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Bucketlst,
Thank you for following up to provide this update. We're glad to hear that you are working with your dealer on this. Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situation. If we can be of any additional support while your vehicle is in service, we're just a PM away.

Rob
Dodge Cares
Thanks Rob
Dealerships is saying its the valve body on the Transmission? It gave zero indication of this problem as it was running just fine before hand. No shifting problems at all. I drove it hard but didn't abuse it! They said it will be a couple of days before part comes in!

·
Registered
347 Posts
That's weird. Problem sounded more electronic than mechanical to me. I was thinking shift solenoids, confused ecu, bad battery voltage and fresh atf.... Well it will get the latter...

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Thanks Rob
Dealerships is saying its the valve body on the Transmission? It gave zero indication of this problem as it was running just fine before hand. No shifting problems at all. I drove it hard but didn't abuse it! They said it will be a couple of days before part comes in!
I had the valve body go on my '18. Would slam into gear after sitting for a few hours. After a few weeks the issue came back and the entire transmission had to be replaced. Hope this solves your issue.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had the valve body go on my '18. Would slam into gear after sitting for a few hours. After a few weeks the issue came back and the entire transmission had to be replaced. Hope this solves your issue.
Like I said it was running fine ! No hard shifts nothing! They haven't pulled it yet told them I wanted to look at it. They figure it was just on the electrical side not a mechanical issue since I had no problems prior..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well my dealership came through found the TCM locally and replaced it ! Trans was fine it had no blocked ports fluid was in great shape! TCM failed electrically! Warranted repair no cost to me-$2500 on Dodges dime.
Hi Bucketlst,
We're happy to hear that your concern has been resolved by the dealer. Should this or any other concerns return in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out!

Rob
Dodge Cares

1 - 16 of 16 Posts