Dodge Durango Forum banner
381 - 396 of 396 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Placed an order at the dealer last week. As long as we stick with it (wife isn't thrilled about the waiting game) it will replace her current 2018 gc overland. We are contemplating another child but NOT a minivan. We also need another tow vehicle and the tow'n'go package on the durango looks to be one of the best out there in its class. We also looked at the explorer st but she settled in terms of looks and familiarity of fca products

We also have a 2019 ram 2500 bighorn cc with the 6.4 (my daily), a 2005 TJ with the 4.0 manual (summer fun, my winter go-to), 2016 suzuki gsxs1000 (my speed fix). Our tow toys are a 34' TT with rear bunkhouse, and a starcraft 17' deck boat we got last summer. Our first major trip with the camper and boat was about a month ago up to the st lawrence River. Unfortunately just before the trip she got rear ended in her jeep. Soooo...we rented a damn uhaul. It was sort of embarrassing but we did it

Also looking forward to using the durango more for boat trips instead of the truck. So hopefully this order goes through

·
Registered
2021 Citadel
7 Posts
DodgeDurango.net is a friendly community dedicated to the Dodge Durango.

Our goal is to be the place to go to when you have Dodge Durango questions, problems or would just like to discuss it in general.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) cars, trucks or any type of vehicle.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance. :)
I entered the Mopar world when I inherited a '02 Dakota in '07. It was a nice enough truck and served us well until we gave it to our son in '14. That's when we bought a new Durango Limited. It's red (hence Red14Rango). It was heavily optioned and was "close to" a Citadel. That thing has been awesome. I have been really impressed with it's quality, features, and performance. But, I got the itch for a new one when the '21 came out with the new fascia, interior, etc. So, we traded it in on a Granite Citadel. We "had to" have adaptive cruise control and cooled seats. You basically have to get a Citadel to get those things, so here we are. Ours has the red/black/ebony interior (which we also wanted) and think it looks fabulous.

The number of features on this ride is astounding. I'm still trying to learn it all. The large nav screen and Uconnect5 is a huge leap over the one in our '14. The Sport mode is lots of fun, too ;)

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,172 Posts
More quoted SPAMMMMM

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
New owner of a 2021 Durango SRT, vice white, black/red stripes. I also have a 2020 Trackhawk.

PS. I was going to post a brand new Afe air intake, but I realized I couldn’t until I get 40 posts. It’s on eBay if anyone is interested. I put one on my Trackhawk. Very nice.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm just your avg nobody that's always liked Durango's. So I purchased a 2003 Dodge Durango SXT 5.9L V8 for 250.00. I'm not an auto mechanic but I'm a strong believer in if you study, learn, and practice you can do anything. I can't remember if I introduced myself

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello All !!!:D

I ordered a Durango R/T, Octane Red, w/ Tow-N-Go. Placed order on August 6th, hope to get it by Halloween ;)
Love the Hemi, my previous Dodge was a 2015 Maggie R/T

ZAK

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings. Re-introducing myself. I joined way back when in 2016. Then life happened and I kinda fell off the face of the earth. I sold my previous 99 and bought my house and moved. I had left the 1st Gen Durango platform in favor of a 2nd Gen Toyota 4Runner. Which I really liked. I built it up moderately for off road action and trails in my local area (High Sierra Desert terrain). Locked front and rear, 4.88s and 35s. It was great, if not a bit of a dog with its v6. I sold that truck this year, and went back to the 1st Gen Durango platform because I needed something larger that would accommodate my now larger family. I settled back in with a decent 99. Clean, no rust, 9.25 rear, 3.55 gears, my most favorite of consoles, the 40/20/40 bench, 3rd row, 5.2l with 170k, PB7 Patriot Blue. I got it for a great price. My goal for this truck was to get at least a similar level of offroad performance as my Toyota, without having to any real serious fabrication.

I did a lot of research, and I believed in my heart that it was possible to not only have a locker in the rear, but also in the front. Looks to me, back in the day some 20 years ago, this was a thing....but not so much anymore. I took a lot of criticism, and down talk (mostly from people with no first hand experience) that a locker in the front was not possible and even it it was...would be dumb.

Well I wasn't one to listen, and although I may not the 1st, I'd say I'm probably the 1st in a very long time. I present to you my 1999 Durango, re-geared with 4.56s, and locked front and rear, keys and shackle lift, on 33x12.5x15 MTs.

-Cheers
Automotive tire Measuring instrument Gas Tool Auto part

Headgear Musical instrument Bell Gas Metal

Automotive tire Gas Machine Automotive wheel system Rim

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Engineering

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Sky Cloud Ecoregion Tire Vehicle

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Took delivery of my 2021 Durango R/T yesterday. With the ongoing chip shortage it took 4 and a half months from order to delivery, but man was it worth the wait. I am an automotive and motorsport fanatic and run a small motorsport website The Road to My Ride. I wanted to find a forum for other folks like me who love the Dodge Durango and here I am.

·
Registered
2007 Durango 2019 RT Durango. 1999 Trans Am convertible 1994 Seville STS
1 Posts
Hello all. I currently have a 2007 durango limited 5.7 and a 2019 octane red RT that is about to be traded in on my hopefully to be delivered soon DDHC. In the past I’ve owned a 2004 Durango and a 1999 Durango so obviously I’ve been a fan for years I just had to have the ultimate iteration. I’ve gained a lot of information off the side over the years so I figured it was time to jump in. Other cars in the stable currently include a 1994 Seville STS and a 1999 Pontiac Trans Am convertible six speed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all - we just purchased a nice,1-owner '15 R/T with 79K on the clock. It's the dark metallic grey color. It will be my wife's DD, replacing a '07 Jeep SRT8 that we've owned for ten+ years and 200K.
It was somewhat of a compromise in that the current market for vehicles is off the chain, value-wise.

We don't like the current or even the last generation of Jeep GC styling, so we ruled those out. But still liking the past Hemi offering, we decided on the Durango but with the RT trim level as 'affordable' VS the SRT8 which would put us in the poor house.

Overall we really like everything about it, but hate to say it, doesn't run like our old Jeep. So I will look into basic bolt-on mods and a tune after driving it for a while, then performing major service.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
631 Posts
Welcome! And there is no comparison what a stock R/T will give you compared to your GCSRT8. I had an 07 GCSRT8 for 9 years. Miss that thang! May have to get into a new one
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Plant

again. It was a street light monster.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys, I’m Chris from New Jersey!

New to the site…I purchased my first Durango about a month ago. Preowned 2018 GT. With our second baby on the way, the VW Jetta I was driving (out of convenience, not preference) was not going to cut it anymore!

I had been obsessing over the Durangos for the past year and decided to pull the trigger and cut out of my lease early. Same model year as my VW, but worlds apart in terms of tech, comfort, performance….and badassery.

Haven’t been a part of a forum since my high college years when I was an active member of a CobaltSS.net so I’m looking forward to meeting new folks and their rides.

DoomCrewInc is my homage to the almighty Black Label Society that has already branded the rear windshield…my fellow metal heads will appreciate it. Look forward to hanging with you all…fellow North NJ Durangos—let’s ride!

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

381 - 396 of 396 Posts