Dodge Durango Forum banner
341 - 360 of 377 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Durango Limited 3.6L AWD
1 Posts
Hi All!

Names Jeremy and I'm 34 years old. Currently I am an active duty soldier stationed at Fort Bliss. I own a 2014 DD Limited 3.6L AWD with over 125,000 miles. Being the son of a mechanic, I love to fix my own vehicles when possible. Looking forward to learning from this vast network of experts and professionals (my dad knows a lot but not everything, lol).

Reactions: DuRonbo

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm new to dodgedurango.net I'm your average DIY-er that picked up an 03 Durango sxt 4X4 5.9l engine. Yes it needs work and my goal is to fix everything myself and see how far I can go. I'm a strong believer in what screws/bolts/nails together is able to be taken apart and put back together with the right touch.

·
Registered
2008 DODGE DURANGO SLT 5.7L HEMI
3 Posts
How's it going? I'm a 36yo father of 6 and can no longer afford to take my durango to the shop for everything. So, I'm here... Just looking for advice.

·
Registered
2006 Durango Limited
10 Posts
Hello there! I’ve just purchased a 2006 Durango Limited as of 2 days ago! First Durango I had was a 2001 that I wish I still had! Moving on! The majority of this lovely Florida Red Durango is in very fine condition! I’m seeing a major front seat design flaw with those hard plastic side panels that should be softer flexible rubber or silicone to handle buttockses as they slide gracefully out of their seats! Lol! Apparently, the previous owner may have been extra hefty in the rear end department! So, I wondered if anyone knew of a good rubber part company or what type of rubber would work to recreate those side pieces so they don’t snap or pinch someone’s fanny! I am entertaining contacting a local car seat upholsterer to see what they can come up with! I’ll share once I find out!
Thank you! Lady K in Bonita Springs, FL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all!
The wife and I just came from the dealership where we placed an order for a new build 2021 RT! Of course I just had to join the forum.
Should be delivered hopefully late Nov or early Dec.

Can’t wait!!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello Peoples!

Just scooped up a 2020 Durango SRT off the showroom floor.
Seeing what has been the latest and greatest in the SUV world. Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Morning. New to the Durango world and this forum, as of today. Bought my first one when I returned from overseas, '13 Durango Crew Hemi, as I needed something that didn't break the bank. This thing is fun to drive, although it does need some tinkering with. Excited to browse through the pages of info here to help guide me in the right direction.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is this the right place for an introductory post? 'No' Well, that's my 2nd mistake today. smh - Been hanging around for the past month or so(literally hours at a time - still locked down here) learning as much as possible before pulling the trigger on what would be my first choice - a Hellcat - but making that list is unlikely, so, I'll be fine with an SRT. Last Dodge I didn't have in the garage(too tall) was a new '77 Dodge step side 4x4 Power Wagon. I'm a little long in the tooth compared to most of you but I'm a good listner(reader) and appreciate the wisdom found here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone,
My name is Carl. I am on my third Durango of this body style. I love them and finally got the SRT in 2019. I can't leave them stock so I'm always adding to them. It's also perfect for my family and does everything I need it to and more.

·
Registered
2020 GT Plus AWD
8 Posts
Hi everybody,
Guess I’m about halfway through purchasing a new 2020 GT. Just waiting for the bank check to clear so the dealership will register it. Not easy finding just the right Durango here in RI. Got the GT Plus in black with black interior and buckets second row. Got the factory roof rails, though have heard mixed reviews on it. Only thing couldn’t get was the Blacktop package, had to settle in order to get the second row bucket seats. Technically I settled when I bought the Durango since I wanted a Ram, but happy wife = happy life. Would have loved the performance hood as well. A lot of good chat in this forum compared to other sites, so I know I’m in the right place!

·
Registered
Dodge Durango GT 2017
17 Posts
Hello everyone,
I just bought a 2017 Durango GT it has about 43,000 and the first month the car drove great no issues at all. However yesterday when I drove home and tried to put it into park the “service transmission set brake to prevent rolling” came on and I couldn’t do anything, use my brakes or even put it into park. I could turn the engine off but everything else staid on. I unplugged the battery and everything went back to normal but as soon as I drove it again and put it back into park the same thing happened! Any suggestions as the why this is happening? I need any and all help PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all!
The wife and I just came from the dealership where we placed an order for a new build 2021 RT! Of course I just had to join the forum.
Should be delivered hopefully late Nov or early Dec.

Can’t wait!!!!
Well.... we got it!!!!
Read more below though...

So, a few things.
!) YAYYYYY!!! We picked up the beauty just before Christmas. Absolutely love her, until...

2) The vehicle was delivered with a badly scratched rim. Probably damaged in transit. Right after this pic the dealership installed our snow tires and steel rims and held onto the damaged rim. They put in a claim for it and hopefully we will get the replacement soon.

3) The onboard screen / computer system is amazing, or rather, has the potential to be. It has allot of features, BUT, we discovered some major issues with the radio / computer system:
a) After driving the vehicle for a day we settled in to amend the supposedly fantastic profiles. Until we realized that the software only allows one driver profile to be saved. No other options exist. You should be able to save up to 5 profiles (I think. Manuals not in front of me). This is being researched by Chrysler Canada. Something is missing...

b) The system did not allow us to add "widgets". You can have a split screen set-up with two functions running at once. It originally didn't allow this then it was resolved after a downloaded update.

c) And the BIGGEST issue: The whole computer reboots at random intervals for no apparent reason. We took it to our local dealership and they were baffled as it is a new vehicle and system. The local dealership is very supportive and being helpful, but their hands are tied. Thankfully I captured it on video. You drive along, listening to radio, then the whole system locks up, a very loud buzz or sometimes a quieter hum erupts from the speakers for about 15 seconds and none of the onscreen functions work. The display just locks. Then the screen goes blank and the system reboots. It happens randomly on Sirius or FM, or even when no radio is on. The volume dial has no effect, so you have to listen to this loud annoying buzz for a while. My drive to work is only 15 minutes, and yesterday this weird reboot happened at least 8 times in that period. Other days it happens only once or twice. We now have a work ticket with Chrysler Canada over the issue, and apparently it has happened to a few people. They don't have a fix yet. The dealership can't replace anything until told to do so by headquarters. Apparently it is a huge job to replace this system.
Along with this issue, I received an onscreen notice yesterday that there was an update download available. I clicked "OK", and then nothing really happened. This morning I went to start the vehicle and the screen was complete bright green. I restarted the vehicle and everything was normal, until the screen rebooted again. My wife called my brother-in-law who works for Chrysler. He talked to an engineer and said this normally means the whole system should be replaced.
My wife is dealing with the company by email and phone. For the most part they are very good, but they didn't believe us when I said it rebooted 8 times in 15 minutes. So, our answer is I will video each occurrence and email them one at a time to our case manager. :)

Final Issue
4) After only a couple days of ownership, we brought the vehicle in to the local dealer to show them the reboot issue. They were fantastic and said they would have to check with Chrysler Canada about what the issue was. They then noticed that the right roof rack rail was not attached at the forward connection point! The front edge was floating about 1/4 " above the roof. We didn't notice this when we picked up the vehicle. It left the factory like this after apparently several days of inspections. It was an hour long fix by the dealer, but it is amazing that it passed inspection...

So..... overall I would say we really like the vehicle, but it is pissing us off majorly. I don't know how this computer system was not noticed by the company and how the roof rack passed inspection.
I'd give the vehicle a 3 out of 10. Sad....

·
Registered
2013 Durango SXT 3.6l AWD
4 Posts
Good morning-day everyone. I'm new to the forum, my wife and I bought our Durango December 2nd of 2020. This is our first dodge that we have ever purchased.

·
Registered
1999 Durango SLT 4x4
34 Posts
Welcome 95darkhorse,
And congratulations on your new ride!
May your family and Dodge grace the highways and byways as long as my 1999 D has.
Or...until the anti fossil fuel crowd outlaws them ;>)
Safe motoring to Ye!

·
Registered
1 Posts
DodgeDurango.net is a friendly community dedicated to the Dodge Durango.

Our goal is to be the place to go to when you have Dodge Durango questions, problems or would just like to discuss it in general.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) cars, trucks or any type of vehicle.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance. :)
just purchased a 2007 dodge durango and joined this forum. have many questions. thanks for letting me join.

·
Registered
'19 RT
39 Posts
Well.... we got it!!!!
Read more below though...

View attachment 113017 View attachment 113018

So, a few things.
!) YAYYYYY!!! We picked up the beauty just before Christmas. Absolutely love her, until...

2) The vehicle was delivered with a badly scratched rim. Probably damaged in transit. Right after this pic the dealership installed our snow tires and steel rims and held onto the damaged rim. They put in a claim for it and hopefully we will get the replacement soon.

3) The onboard screen / computer system is amazing, or rather, has the potential to be. It has allot of features, BUT, we discovered some major issues with the radio / computer system:
a) After driving the vehicle for a day we settled in to amend the supposedly fantastic profiles. Until we realized that the software only allows one driver profile to be saved. No other options exist. You should be able to save up to 5 profiles (I think. Manuals not in front of me). This is being researched by Chrysler Canada. Something is missing...

b) The system did not allow us to add "widgets". You can have a split screen set-up with two functions running at once. It originally didn't allow this then it was resolved after a downloaded update.

c) And the BIGGEST issue: The whole computer reboots at random intervals for no apparent reason. We took it to our local dealership and they were baffled as it is a new vehicle and system. The local dealership is very supportive and being helpful, but their hands are tied. Thankfully I captured it on video. You drive along, listening to radio, then the whole system locks up, a very loud buzz or sometimes a quieter hum erupts from the speakers for about 15 seconds and none of the onscreen functions work. The display just locks. Then the screen goes blank and the system reboots. It happens randomly on Sirius or FM, or even when no radio is on. The volume dial has no effect, so you have to listen to this loud annoying buzz for a while. My drive to work is only 15 minutes, and yesterday this weird reboot happened at least 8 times in that period. Other days it happens only once or twice. We now have a work ticket with Chrysler Canada over the issue, and apparently it has happened to a few people. They don't have a fix yet. The dealership can't replace anything until told to do so by headquarters. Apparently it is a huge job to replace this system.
Along with this issue, I received an onscreen notice yesterday that there was an update download available. I clicked "OK", and then nothing really happened. This morning I went to start the vehicle and the screen was complete bright green. I restarted the vehicle and everything was normal, until the screen rebooted again. My wife called my brother-in-law who works for Chrysler. He talked to an engineer and said this normally means the whole system should be replaced.
My wife is dealing with the company by email and phone. For the most part they are very good, but they didn't believe us when I said it rebooted 8 times in 15 minutes. So, our answer is I will video each occurrence and email them one at a time to our case manager. :)

View attachment 113020

Final Issue
4) After only a couple days of ownership, we brought the vehicle in to the local dealer to show them the reboot issue. They were fantastic and said they would have to check with Chrysler Canada about what the issue was. They then noticed that the right roof rack rail was not attached at the forward connection point! The front edge was floating about 1/4 " above the roof. We didn't notice this when we picked up the vehicle. It left the factory like this after apparently several days of inspections. It was an hour long fix by the dealer, but it is amazing that it passed inspection...

So..... overall I would say we really like the vehicle, but it is pissing us off majorly. I don't know how this computer system was not noticed by the company and how the roof rack passed inspection.
I'd give the vehicle a 3 out of 10. Sad....
Hey, I am having the same issues with my Uconnect.
What is the local dealership you brought it in to? Has their been a fix? Who is your case manager at FCA Canada?

·
Registered
'19 RT
39 Posts
Hey all!

Long time reader, just starting to get vocal now that I own a
2019 DD RT. It's White Blacktop with RT decals on the front fender and Demonic Red Interior. First mod of many was de-badging the front grille. We gonna have fun!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! As of this afternoon, I'm the proud owner of a 2011 DD Citadel - 5.7L Hemi + all the options. We needed an AWD vehicle that has a low range option and abundant power for towing, as we live off a not-terribly-well-maintained dirt road and need to haul some equipment around. I'll probably be popping up with random questions, especially since the owners manual and owners DVD did not come with the car... I found at least some of the manuals online, but there's always more to learn.

·
Registered
2020 DD RT AWD; Black/Blacktop/Red Leather, 2nd Row Captains, HK Sound, Tech, Blind Spot, Tow
9 Posts
DodgeDurango.net is a friendly community dedicated to the Dodge Durango.

Our goal is to be the place to go to when you have Dodge Durango questions, problems or would just like to discuss it in general.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) cars, trucks or any type of vehicle.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance. :)
Been driving Jeeps since I started driving. Still have my first jeep, a 2000 Sahara that I had modified into a stroker and put on a lift kit. Purchased my first DD in September 2020. Feel in LOVE with my completely blacked out RT. Just started the mods and some dumbass texting rear ended me and totalled her. Barely has 5k miles. Makes me sick thinking about it... Thought about a 2021 tow n go but just couldn't find one quick enough plus swallowing another 10k off the lot so soon. Picked up another 2020 but just not loving her like I did my first. Hoping the making some mods will change it but it's just not the same. The fact the my 2nd 2020 rt is white with red strips when I have never had a vehicle that wasn't black might be what is holding me back. I'm already dreaming of trading her in on a tow n go because of course I heard one start up a week after my redhead was delivered and I've been drooling over tow n go every since. I LOVE mods, love making it unique... MINE... but I am hesitant to do much because I just don't see myself keeping her long. We will see. Regardless I love the V8s... and my black beauty, RIP, made it feel like a small fender bender being rear ended at 40-45+ mph.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hay my name is will. First time Durango owner been around cars for a while decided to try something bigger. I purchased a 2014 Durango r/t. Very excited about this suv Any thoughts on first mods Thank you
E3E58694-532C-460E-9504-9180DB7CB0D5.jpeg
8749914F-1763-43EE-A21C-1161BB0BE75A.jpeg
D9545FF3-915D-422E-A2F1-AAB8C8B44856.jpeg
B7872964-1828-4A68-A908-6EB264B630CE.jpeg
E3E58694-532C-460E-9504-9180DB7CB0D5.jpeg
8749914F-1763-43EE-A21C-1161BB0BE75A.jpeg
B7872964-1828-4A68-A908-6EB264B630CE.jpeg
E3E58694-532C-460E-9504-9180DB7CB0D5.jpeg 8749914F-1763-43EE-A21C-1161BB0BE75A.jpeg D9545FF3-915D-422E-A2F1-AAB8C8B44856.jpeg B7872964-1828-4A68-A908-6EB264B630CE.jpeg EA318291-F0BB-467E-A9EF-CA6C8BEC93F6.jpeg

341 - 360 of 377 Posts