Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, never having spent $300 for floor mats before, and after reading about all that "laser measured" and "computer designed for a custom fit" stuff, I figured the WeatherTech mats would meet expectations. Alas, not so.

First, the cargo mat. What's up with the 3" of unprotected carpeting on the right side?

Floor Tire Automotive exterior Vehicle Car

Then the front passenger:

Close-up Joint Metal Photography Silver

Was the "laser measure" just having a bad day when they designed these? Does everyone else have the same issues with the WeatherTech mats?

I'm calling this $300 not well-spent.

:(

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Mine fit like a glove--I have had WeatherTech in my last 9 vehicles and they are great. Might be a stupid question, but do you have the front mats secured in place with the factory mat holders? I'll look at my cargo mat tomorrow to double check.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
My weathertechs fit perfect when I had the Durango. I only had the short cargo one that covered just behind the rear seat and it fit fine without any unprotected carpet. I would call their customer service line. They have good customer service.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Weather techs are overrated. I have the Husky Xact fits and they are perfect
Agree, the X-act fits are much higher quality and fit better they feel great under the feet...I believe its the same company?
I have the weather tech in the cargo area as that was about the only choice...I don't like the plastic feel nor the perfect fit, but it does the job there.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I may take the cargo cover back to the dealer (just picked it up yesterday, so it's still unused) and contact WeatherTech about the goofy passenger floor mat.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yep, spending $300 on a set of floor mats is crazy. I am perfectly happy with the Mopar set of rubber mats($75 for the first and second row). Let's face it: it's a car and it's going to get dirty no matter what. You have to vacuum and clean it from time to time and none of those fancy mats will prevent the dirt from accumulating. My advice: return the whole set, get the one from Dodge and put the remaining $200 in the bank to be used on something more meaningful.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, spending $300 on a set of floor mats is crazy. I am perfectly happy with the Mopar set of rubber mats($75 for the first and second row). Let's face it: it's a car and it's going to get dirty no matter what. You have to vacuum and clean it from time to time and none of those fancy mats will prevent the dirt from accumulating.
I'm not worried about dirt so much as wear and tear on the carpet. I particularly like the fact the WeatherTech mat covers the hump in the second row, a notorious spot for early carpet wear.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
sounds like you may have just gotten a bad set. I got my father a set for his truck and they fit perfect - no warping at all. Weathertech service is top notch, you should have no issue getting a replacement

Reactions: Ollie Crow

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sounds like you may have just gotten a bad set. I got my father a set for his truck and they fit perfect - no warping at all. Weathertech service is top notch, you should have no issue getting a replacement
I emailed them with a pic. We'll see what they say. As for the too-narrow cargo mat, I think I'll just be returning that and getting something different. I can't understand how their measurement can be so far off on that, unless perhaps they're selling the same item for both the Grand Cherokee and the Durango even though the cargo dimensions may be slightly different?

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Yep, spending $300 on a set of floor mats is crazy. I am perfectly happy with the Mopar set of rubber mats($75 for the first and second row). Let's face it: it's a car and it's going to get dirty no matter what. You have to vacuum and clean it from time to time and none of those fancy mats will prevent the dirt from accumulating. My advice: return the whole set, get the one from Dodge and put the remaining $200 in the bank to be used on something more meaningful.
There are pluses and minuses to both. I've had both the Mopar mats and huskys. Weathertechs and Huskys cover a more of the carpet than the mopar ones, especially in the 2nd & 3rd rows. I have 3 young kids and with all the crap they drop in the car, the more coverage, the better. The honeycomb design of the mopar ones was a pain in the nuts to clean without taking them out and hosing them down. the huskys are easier b/c you just follow the grooves.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
I emailed them with a pic. We'll see what they say. As for the too-narrow cargo mat, I think I'll just be returning that and getting something different. I can't understand how their measurement can be so far off on that, unless perhaps they're selling the same item for both the Grand Cherokee and the Durango even though the cargo dimensions may be slightly different?
The cargo area definitely isn't the same, as the JC is much shorter. They can't be using the same mat for both. The x-act line mats fit better in my opinion b/c they are a softer rubber and lay completely flat. They just don't make that particular line for the 3rd row or cargo area - only the weatherbeater. I have the weatherbeater liner in my RT and the Kagu in the Citadel. I really like the Kagu b/c it can fold up to accommodate the 3rd row being up, and it has grips on the bottom so it doesn't move at all. Downside is that it doesn't have the lip on the edge like the others to contain big spills.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Does yours leave a big gap of unprotected carpet on the side like mine does?
No - the husky liner contours with the shape of the sides of the truck.

·
Registered
54 Posts
So, never having spent $300 for floor mats before, and after reading about all that "laser measured" and "computer designed for a custom fit" stuff, I figured the WeatherTech mats would meet expectations. Alas, not so.

First, the cargo mat. What's up with the 3" of unprotected carpeting on the right side?

View attachment 27605

Then the front passenger:

View attachment 27606

Was the "laser measure" just having a bad day when they designed these? Does everyone else have the same issues with the WeatherTech mats?

I'm calling this $300 not well-spent.

:(
Mine from Weathertech fit exactly like yours. It misses the right side by 3 inches. The rest fit well. It is just the cargo mat that is way off.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts