Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Community,

We are excited to announce that we are live on our new forum platform! We have been working hard over the past few months with a leading design and product firm to deliver a cleaner, faster and more engaging experience for you. We have leveraged XenForo tools and features but added layers of modern design and technology to make the site run faster, smoother and more reliably. All of the valuable content within the community is still here, even though the layout may look different.

A consistent experience across all devices
The site is optimized for all screen sizes, including mobile. All features are available and ready to use on all devices.

Speed and reliability are key
No one should have to wait for information. This site has been built to be much faster and more reliable, period.

Easy to use and navigate
We have made the design clean and simple to focus on the areas the community uses the most and removed clutter.

We have also introduced a number of new and updated features:

New Homepage Experience
Your home page now features the most active forums, trending discussions, featured showcases, and top contributing members. This will help keep you up to date on what’s happening in your community and eventually become a very personalized experience for our members with all the great content you love surfaced effortlessly for you.

Search
We have introduced new search algorithms, powered by an industry-leading AI platform, that will help you find information faster. We plan to roll out new features to continue improving search, and to power many additional areas of the forum.
Due to the volume of content our search platform may take some time to complete indexing. During this process, you may see a limited number of posts until indexing has been completed. We appreciate your patience.

Popular and New Posts
We have made it easy to navigate directly to the Popular (previously Active Topics) Posts. You can find the Popular section, which includes “New Posts”, by clicking on the trending up arrow in the navigation. Always be up to date!

Bookmarks
Now you can bookmark your favorite discussions! Bookmarks are a handy way to remember and easily find great content or stuff you want to read later.

Following
Following a thread is a great way to stay up-to-date on the topic, and receive alerts or emails when there are new replies. Thread subscriptions and watched threads are now called “Followed”. Your followed threads can be accessed by clicking on your user avatar, and clicking “Following”. We have migrated all of your existing subscriptions into the new platform.

Show off your own collection.
We have introduced “My Showcase” for you to show-off images of your own vehicles, modifications or road trips to the rest of the community and we have migrated in the existing data from our vBulletin Garages. This is your opportunity to upload often and share your passion! Visit Showcase.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/kJez7_baVUCyf6N6y_lb3FM7QTUELc_ocoNe00c_GhIKqjuG3GIO_N_lUiSldJfnGaRdlQinT3k6QuC9QMxr9AYMbC5e8w4N0jzUaRZZ7SuT09X30z-zyLnKF4cgKL5msl_8erpF

Dark Mode

We have introduced Dark Mode. One of our favorite features allows you to access the site with a power-saving, and easier on the eyes dark mode. You can access it through the right-hand drop-down menu.

We also wanted to make it easier for new users to understand the lingo of forums. We have cleaned up various language to more commonly recognized phrases including:

Forum Listing – the forum index, or forum home, is now known as the Forum Listing page. It can be found in the drop-down menu with the 3 dots.

Following - Thread subscriptions, and Watched are now known as Following

Conversations – Private Messages or PMs are now conversations and can be accessed from the user avatar drop-down in the main navigation

Showcase – Showcase is designed for users to "showcase" items/projects through the use of uploaded images, text descriptions and custom content categories. It’s a way to visually and textually provide detailed information on content you wish to share. The showcase would be similar to a catalog, whereas gallery would be like a photo album. Can be accessed from the drop-down menu with the 3 dots

Popular – is the new name for Active Topics. You can also directly navigate to New Posts / Today’s Posts from this button

Account Settings – is the new name for UserCP. The account settings can be found by clicking on your avatar in the top right navigation

Bookmarks – a great place to store valuable content that you may want to reference later.

These are just a few of the great new functions and features to try on the site. Take a tour and look around! If you have any questions, please check out the HELP section for some quick FAQs about the new platform, Help Section

Please let us know what you think about the new experience, your feedback is important to us.

Thank you all for your support during this amazing journey!

~ Community Support

·
Administrator
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please don't be afraid to test out things to see how they display on the site.

Images look beautiful. (I took this one in downtown San Antonio.)

You can easily share videos just by adding the share URL and they display really nice.

Gif links from sites like giphy.com will display just by adding the gif URL.

I am also a huge fan of being able to bookmark a thread to have easy access to come back to it later. What features have you found that you like so far? :)

- Cricket

·
Administrator
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be your tour guide, so if you are having trouble finding anything, just let me know!

How To Find New Posts & Use Filters
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on the popular button.

This will open a new page where you can click to choose “new posts”.

You can also choose to set special filters or mark all posts read on that same page.

- Cricket

·
Registered
542 Posts
Looks good, very clean & modern looking !! The mini tour was a nice touch - great job guys !

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Sorry to be a negative nellie, but I don't care for it! This is exactly what happened to the Charger forum I frequent.
The old style was more pleasing to look at, and easier IMO to navigate. Yahoo keeps doing the same thing with their email. I know there are others who share my frustration.

Don

·
Super Moderator
12,625 Posts
Yeah, not a fan.

My usual read mode is to see unread posts, when they were posted, and who last replied and when. That was clunky on the old forum, but seems impossible here.

Oh well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not a fan either. I joined only a month ago, but I've been reading the forum for months before that and I never once had a hard time figuring out where to go. Now, even though I did the tutorial, It's still confusing. Anytime you need a tutorial to use something that should be easy to use by design, it can't be good.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Pictures are now distorted and weirdly cropped, overlapped on Tapatalk... only way I look at forum is in my phone.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Like most of us, I am a creature of habit, so it takes me a bit to get used to changes. (I was more than a little grumpy about it all at first.) I was lucky enough to get the chance to play with the new platform before they went live with it so I am already getting used to it. I have to admit that I am crazy about it now. It feels so much faster and is easy to use after a brief learning curve. Give it a few days and let me know if you start liking it too. :)

Pictures are now distorted and weirdly cropped, overlapped on Tapatalk... only way I look at forum is in my phone.

Can you give me the URL of an example where you are seeing image issues?

Does this image display properly for you?

- Cricket

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yeah, not a fan.

My usual read mode is to see unread posts, when they were posted, and who last replied and when. That was clunky on the old forum, but seems impossible here.

Oh well.
I tend to browse forums that way as well. If you click on the upward arrow/lightening bolt thingy next to account details in the banner, then select 'New Posts' you get that view tho the new GUI no longer says who made the last post in the thread, just how long ago they did it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who longs for the previous format. I really liked being able to click "New Posts" from the main page. I know it's only one more click. But the extra click does mean that this version - for me - is less user-friendly.

But ... I'll give this a few days.

Your web traffic will tell you pretty quick whether people are willing to adapt to the changes or not.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Like most of us, I am a creature of habit, so it takes me a bit to get used to changes. (I was more than a little grumpy about it all at first.) I was lucky enough to get the chance to play with the new platform before they went live with it so I am already getting used to it. I have to admit that I am crazy about it now. It feels so much faster and is easy to use after a brief learning curve. Give it a few days and let me know if you start liking it too. :)

Can you give me the URL of an example where you are seeing image issues?

Does this image display properly for you?

View attachment 107179

- Cricket
The bridge picture displays fine w/Tapatalk. I went back and looked at the threads with distorted/overlapped images. After going thru and re-viewing the unread posts the images seemed to have cleared up. Images originally were taking a long time to load... Which probably caused the distortion, images displaying before fully loaded? Maybe? Anyway... Working OK now, thanks.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Now MOST/many pictures are not showing up in Tapatalk.... Example attached. We will see if it shows for me.
-------------
Edit: more now not showing up...some that did show...do not now.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I am trying to troubleshoot this. Is anyone else experiencing this issue or is it just your account?

- Cricket
Newer post pictures are showing up now.... But any that had the error still show up as pictured above on Tapatalk for me. I can see older post pictures fine in browser.

·
Registered
116 Posts
For subscribed/following threads, is there an option to get email notifications once per day instead of immediately? The old platform gave you the choice on a per-thread basis. Here it looks like it's instant or no email at all.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Image issues still popping up in Tapatalk for me. Posting some images... I can't see them after posting.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I wish there was some setting for the background other than dark or light. Dark is too dark & light is too bright, like someone lit a flare behind my screen.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts