Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my “new to me” 2018 GT AWD has a leak that I’m assuming is coming from the sunroof. Water comes out from behind the sunglass holder only after sitting in a rain storm. Driving in the rain, so far, hasn’t shown the leak. I see a lot of posts that allude to the drain hoses and tubes being clogged. I’ve found the openings in the sunroof and tried pushing weed trimmer wire through and it goes about half way or what I assume is half way. I tried finding the exit ports but I have no clue where it comes out. Any ways, I’m open for any suggestions as to a solve to this problem. I’ve been trying to take it back to the place I bought it from but I’m loosing faith in them even finding the sunroof at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
265 Posts
you are most likely correct that your sunroof drain tubes are clogged. I used compressed air to clear them out in a few past vehicles. Check the front doors for drain holes.

·
Registered
231 Posts
So my “new to me” 2018 GT AWD has a leak that I’m assuming is coming from the sunroof. Water comes out from behind the sunglass holder only after sitting in a rain storm. Driving in the rain, so far, hasn’t shown the leak. I see a lot of posts that allude to the drain hoses and tubes being clogged. I’ve found the openings in the sunroof and tried pushing weed trimmer wire through and it goes about half way or what I assume is half way. I tried finding the exit ports but I have no clue where it comes out. Any ways, I’m open for any suggestions as to a solve to this problem. I’ve been trying to take it back to the place I bought it from but I’m loosing faith in them even finding the sunroof at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi lognash93,
Sorry to hear of the trouble you’re experiencing. If you decide to address this concern with your certified Dodge dealer again, please feel free to send us a private message. We would be happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've had the same thing happen. Seems pretty random though. Haven't been able to narrow down exactly what conditions cause it yet.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've had the same thing happen. Seems pretty random though. Haven't been able to narrow down exactly what conditions cause it yet.
Hi Headhunter,
Feel free to let us know via private message if you plan to work with your dealer to resolve this. We're happy to provide you with additional assistance during that process.

Rob
Dodge Cares

1 - 5 of 5 Posts