Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2020 Durango RT, and now has about 1500 miles. I noticed last week driving at lower speeds there was a sloshing sound coming from the front driver side. After taking to the dealer, they were able to duplicate, and they cleaned out the sun roof drains and AC drains. They stated no further issues after testing. But today, and yesterday, I noticed the same noise when starting the car and starting to drive. Eventually it went away, but frustrating to say the least that a $50K car is making noises that sound similar to a 10 year old washing machine on spin cycle. Anyone else have similar noises with a 2019 or 2020 RT?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Ksug:
Welcome to DDN.
Just for kicks, check the door seal that runs along the bottom of all 4 doors. On the Gen 2's, that seal would trap water in the bottom of the doors, and trap water in. Gently lift the seal away from the door, and see if water comes out. I would hope that FCA would have taken care of this issue on the Gen 3, but possibly not.

Don

Reactions: ksugman12

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Don. I will take a look at that. Whatever the case, it's certainly not something that should happen, so thankful it's under warranty.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried this and didn't find any water in there. I called the dealership and they told me to bring it in again. It's the worst first thing in the morning when I start driving. Hopefully they don't have to tear the dash apart and put it back together to fix, because that could cause more issues...

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Ksug:
You might want to leave it overnight. so they can experience it first hand.
Also, make a video of what you are seeing when this happens, so you can show them when you drop it off.

Don

Reactions: ksugman12

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are going to try flushing the coolant and refilling to see if this helps. If not, they will need to figure out a plan B. They've seen my videos, and for some reason haven't been able to duplicate exactly, but it will get fixed at some point.

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Thanks for the update. Let us know what they come up with please.

Don

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you ever get the sloshing sound figured out? I have something similar. Mine sounds like there is water in the ceiling, maybe rear ac or rear wiper tank? I can't figure it out. Haven't taken into dealer yet, just checked on forum first and this thread seemed the most similar.

·
Registered
107 Posts
A bubble in the coolant line is the most frequent cause of sloshing sound.

·
Registered
2013 Durango R/T 5.7 - Black w/blackout package
281 Posts
Yep, I'm with CTHR on that one..........air in the coolant system.

What is the best way to bleed off any air that is in there?

·
Registered
107 Posts
There is a funnel kit that includes a radiator cap adapter. You can fill the radiator through the funnel, and then let it run with the cap off. As it circulates the coolant, it will burp out of the funnel.
I don't think there are any bleeders in the durango system.

·
Registered
2013 Durango R/T 5.7 - Black w/blackout package
281 Posts
There is a funnel kit that includes a radiator cap adapter. You can fill the radiator through the funnel, and then let it run with the cap off. As it circulates the coolant, it will burp out of the funnel.
I don't think there are any bleeders in the durango system.
I hope I'm not hijacking this thread...........if I am sorry!

Mine has a plastic coolant overflow tank with an open-ended hose that can burb out the bottom if needed. Wouldn't this allow any air that would be in the system to continuously purge?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I hope I'm not hijacking this thread...........if I am sorry!

Mine has a plastic coolant overflow tank with an open-ended hose that can burb out the bottom if needed. Wouldn't this allow any air that would be in the system to continuously purge?
The overflow tank isn't the high spot, so no air is going to burp out of it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Did you ever get the sloshing sound figured out? I have something similar. Mine sounds like there is water in the ceiling, maybe rear ac or rear wiper tank? I can't figure it out. Haven't taken into dealer yet, just checked on forum first and this thread seemed the most similar.
Hi Ben,
Sorry to hear you are experiencing this, we certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your local Dodge dealer, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Rob
Dodge Cares

1 - 14 of 14 Posts