Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just discovered plasti-dip after checking out the forums. It looks like awesome stuff. i have seen a few pictures on here of badges dipped but what else have you done? i am thinking about dipping my engine cover and maybe my wheels and grill. lets see what you have dipped so everyone can see the possibilities!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I did the wheels on my Ram about 3 years ago. It held up like a champ for 2 years and I believe it would have held up for another 2+ years but I decided to remove it and paint them gloss black.

The quickest way to remove it that I have experienced is to use WD-40 and a pressure washer.

Sent from my SM-G925R7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
371 Posts
I dipped my OEM wheels in the Summer of 2014. When the Fortunas needed replacing, I put on some winter Yokohama Icegards. The dip took a beating with that transition. In the Spring of this year, I bought new SRT rims and tires and put the OEM winter tires up. A few weeks ago, I put the winter tires back on and the dip is peeling horribly. WD40 and a pressure wash sounds like a plan to take it all off.

For the record, I also dipped my chrome side mirrors, grille, and that chrome DODGE bar on the rear. All of that is holding up real well. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Had to get some winter wheels and tires but, needed black. Can't go from hyper black to polished...blah. Anyway, picked up a good deal on CL for Sahara wheels and Blizzaks. They aren't the sharpest lines but, I don't care. It's a winter set up.

Before

Taped

After

1 - 8 of 8 Posts