Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im new here and I just purchased a 2013 SXT durango. I am looking to take the head unit and ac controls out and replace with with a carputer that I design and program. The hardest part for me is the customizing the dash to fit the display flawlessly. Anyone have any luck either dremel-ing or retrofitting custom dash components in?

This is the kind of the idea:

but either going the tablet route or making a carputer with a raspberry pi and/or android device.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I believe the new 2019 Ram 1500 truck will have a 12" screen. Perhaps the 2019 Durango will have as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, what did you ended up doing? I'm looking for doing something like this, though my idea is to mod a Tesla Style Grand Cherokee stereo to fit on my 2014 Durango.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi im new here and I just purchased a 2013 SXT durango. I am looking to take the head unit and ac controls out and replace with with a carputer that I design and program. The hardest part for me is the customizing the dash to fit the display flawlessly. Anyone have any luck either dremel-ing or retrofitting custom dash components in?

This is the kind of the idea:

but either going the tablet route or making a carputer with a raspberry pi and/or android device.

Thanks all!

Easiest route would be tablet install. Checkout Soundman on youtube.

or

Jeep Cherokee android head unit.
https://www.aliexpress.com/af/jeep-cherokee-android-radio.html?SearchText=jeep+cherokee+android+radio&d=y&initiative_id=SB_20190512152832&origin=n&catId=0&isViewCP=y&jump=afs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts