Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just saw that Amazon has these for the 3rd Gen's for $253.85 on Prime which from what I can tell is hard to beat! Just thought I'd toss it on here incase anyone is waffling over getting a CAI. I like the idea of it utilizing the stock air intake scoop between the hood and the rad support. I remember on our old Subie, they recommended a drop in because the stock system grabbed air like the D.

Remember this is with the Donaldson Power Core filter which only needs replaced every 50,000-100,000 miles and never needs oiled.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0098AWQOQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

If this post isn't allowed, please delete. I'm new on this forum so forgive me! ;)

Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 1.10.05 PM.jpg

·
Registered
556 Posts
i see $280 which is pretty good about what it normally is right?

this looks like a good intake, i like how the box utilized the factory mounts so the cone isnt just flopping around banging into the ac line. I also like how the inlet portion still utilizes the rectangular opening, so you arent left with the hood seal flopping around. i also like the down/up trajectory of the air path and that eliminates or reduces water intake into the cone.

overall, Id give this 3 thumbs up, just dont be expecting a performance improvement.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've put enough CAI's on to know that performance is only gained when tuning and allowing the exhaust gases to more expediently leave the engine so it was done for a little intake sound and the quality of the filter. I hate all the intake mufflers cars have today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
556 Posts
good points. when i installed my legmaker intake, i didnt notice really any change in sound. the truck already sounds pretty bad ass right out of the box.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have this intake on my 2012, but it was installed when I got it so I can't say if there was any performance improvements. The 100,000 mile change is a really nice thing, although I have pulled it a number of times to blow it out. I will say, they could have made it a little easier to access the filter, but I guys they figured with the change interval it didn't matter.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I noticed that as well! Bit of a PITA! I received mine a few days ago and it looks good though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
586 Posts
That's not a bad price, but you can get it even cheaper just by sending a PM to the user "Corsa_Performance", here on the forums. Shawn manages that account and will PM you a better price than what Amazon shows. I got the PowerCore model, with the pre-filter, and it was still cheaper than anywhere else.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's not a bad price, but you can get it even cheaper just by sending a PM to the user "Corsa_Performance", here on the forums. Shawn manages that account and will PM you a better price than what Amazon shows. I got the PowerCore model, with the pre-filter, and it was still cheaper than anywhere else.
Yeah, I saw that, but I already have it so no need. At the time, this was the best price I could find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts