Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all I wanted to post up some experiences here in hopes of saving someone some money when they decide to do a mid muffler delete. Coming from a Charger 392, one of the best exhaust options on that platform was to delete the mid mufflers and install a set of Vibrant 1794s. On that car those resonators sound amazing! So I figured I would run the same on my DDSRT. Absolute mistake!! just at idle and low throttle, no issues, sounds great but right around mid rpms and it’s ridiculously loud in both Sport and Auto. it Was so bad I was worried the shop had deleted the rear mufflers in addition to installing the new resonators. After a little research I decided to try the Vibrant 1142 Ultra Quiets and recommend anyone wanting a louder but not obnoxious sound to consider these. They’re a little more expensive than the 1794s but worth it for the sound. I considered the Mopar system and a few others but the price made these a much better option.

·
Registered
123 Posts
When I pulled the cats out on my last truck it was deafening. The cats did a surprisingly good amount of noise control. I put two of those Vibrant 1142 resonators in and if took away the harshness and took the volume down a bit.

The DDSRT is the first vehicle in a long time I may actually not touch the exhaust. Maybe it's a sign I'm getting old? There are days I wish it was louder, but overall it's good for a factory system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts