Dodge Durango Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm getting this message on my 15 Durango. Dealer keeps throwing updates at it hoping it will go away. Seems to be a fairly common issue. How do they not know what to do about it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
It took 3 dealerships and 4 radios (they returned the 4th radio since that wasn't the problem) before they decided it was the rearview mirror and wiring harness. I had to work with a Chrysler case manager and the third dealership let me talk to the technician. I suggest that you contact Chrysler. I am in NJ.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The problem was finally resolved by replacing the rear view mirror and wiring harness.
hi, Ive been experiencing the same problem with my radio. 2014 Durango R/T and the dealer can never seem to figure out why and I’m not longer under warranty. Do you mind sharing how much it costs to replace the mirror and harness?

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi, Ive been experiencing the same problem with my radio. 2014 Durango R/T and the dealer can never seem to figure out why and I’m not longer under warranty. Do you mind sharing how much it costs to replace the mirror and harness?
Sorry I don't know how much the cost was to replace the mirror and harness. Everything was covered under the original warranty since the problem occurred right from the beginning of ownership. I had a paper trail to prove the dealerships didn't fix the problem.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
1,099 Posts
What uConnect software version are you guys running?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sorry, Been locked out. But I’m running 17.11.17
I think your '14 Durango has the same infotainment system as our '17 Durango R/T and it updated to version 18.45.01 back in late-October of 2019

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife's '15 Durango just started getting this yesterday. I am definitely worried that this will be costly. We are definitely out if the warranty period.

I see one person had to replace the mirror and wiring harness after dealing with multiple dealerships. Maybe that was an isolated instance.

Any advice on the best way to proceed would be appreciated. I'm thinking just starting with a software update would work best. Can I download this on my own?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts