Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, has anyone gotten this message on their nav screen? I've gotten it intermittently over the last few days - it comes on for a few seconds and then goes away. Also, the "911" light on the rear view mirror lights up for a minute or two. Nothing else seems to be wrong. I've heard this might be a problem on the GC side. Maybe a software or Uconnect issue?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Had the same problem and the dealer had to do a couple updates to the EVIC/radio/Uconnect. They said it was an update that could not be done wireless and that they had to do it with a USB physical update.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hello, has anyone gotten this message on their nav screen? I've gotten it intermittently over the last few days - it comes on for a few seconds and then goes away. Also, the "911" light on the rear view mirror lights up for a minute or two. Nothing else seems to be wrong. I've heard this might be a problem on the GC side. Maybe a software or Uconnect issue?
Have you gotten this fixed? I am currently experiencing this error intermittently. I dread going back to the Dealer for a fix....unless of course they can diagnose and fix it with out a hassle.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi there - yes, I did the latest software update (well, my husband did it -- he's the software guy) and I haven't gotten the message since. We didn't need to bring it in to the dealer -- he just downloaded the update onto a stick drive and uploaded it into the car.

·
Super Moderator
5,165 Posts
Make sure the dealer is careful and does it right. Same thing happened on my 13 Ram. It was supposed to be a simple firmware update but they did it wrong and blew the u-connect unit and the vehicle was actually undriveable, wouldn't even start. They had to replace the whole unit. 8.4a. Irritating.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Need to bring this thread back. I started getting this message and I updated the software myself. The message was away for a while and then returned. Does anyone have an ideas on how to troubleshoot this? I noticed after this message appears, the GPS tends to get screwed up and loses its position then becomes unusable. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Preformed a factory reset and updated the firmware however I'm still getting the message. Is anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
20 Posts
had the same problem on my 2015 rt. occasionally i would get a pop up saying "vehicle phone requires service". in my case there was an issue with the embedded wireless card/unit and upgrading software didn't resolve it. dealer ended up replacing the uconnect unit under warranty. problem solved. the new unit had to be ordered and took about 4 days to come in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
had the same problem on my 2015 rt. occasionally i would get a pop up saying "vehicle phone requires service". in my case there was an issue with the embedded wireless card/unit and upgrading software didn't resolve it. dealer ended up replacing the uconnect unit under warranty. problem solved. the new unit had to be ordered and took about 4 days to come in.

Thanks for the response. Do you know where the embedded wireless card is located? Is it in the touch screen unit? My car is out of warranty and I may just upgrade my unit to the one with Apple Play if the card is located within the touch screen unit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the response. Do you know where the embedded wireless card is located? Is it in the touch screen unit? My car is out of warranty and I may just upgrade my unit to the one with Apple Play if the card is located within the touch screen unit.
sorry i do not know where the wireless card is. when i first searched for this issue it seemed the uconnect unit wasn't serviceable and most people chose to replace it once out of warranty. if you can get the newer unit with apple play or android auto that would be awesome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2014 Durango with 23,000 miles on it. I get that same phone message on the screen,and the red light on the mirror comes on ,also the Navigation take me way out off coarse . I have had it to the Dealer 6 or 7 times in the last 18 months and still not fixed. I think it needs a new radio module but they will not do it. I have even contacted Dodge Customer Service but they have not done anything yet . They do not call me back and Do not contact the dealer as they said they would. I also own a 2017 Ram 1500 that i bought new last September with the hope that my Durango 8.4 radio would be fixed by chrysler . Very upsetting .

·
Registered
62 Posts
I also am getting this message "Vehicle phone requires service" and if anybody knows where this module is located, please post it. I am out of warranty and only have the extended drive line warranty.
I am not given Dodge another penny with the things that went wrong with this Durango.

I seen a picture that it may be located in the wall of the cargo area behind the rear passenger seat.

"radio/gateway telematics module "

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had the error message on my 2015 Durango. I have been to 2 different dealers and am currently working with Chrysler to fix the problem. I have had software updates done, the radio replaced and the antenna replaced. Nothing seems to fix the problem. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had the error message on my 2015 Durango. I have been to 2 different dealers and am currently working with Chrysler to fix the problem. I have had software updates done, the radio replaced and the antenna replaced. Nothing seems to fix the problem. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
I am currently on my 3rd dealership and 4th radio. The 4th radio was installed and the problem still occurred so they took the 4th radio out and put the old radio back in. Still waiting for a solution. Dodge needs to figure this out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tuesday Sept. 10, 2019 they replaced the mirror hoping that would fix the problem. I picked the Durango up drove it home less than 10 minutes, drove it to work on
Wednesday morning, around 15 minutes and on the way home from work the error message appeared yet again.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts