Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my insurance company has a service that keeps you updated by email and texts on the status of your claim. I downloaded a photo of the dis-assembly. I am assuming that since I am at stage three of my claim that my R/T will be repaired. Also got a phone call from the collision center. My front left SRT8 Rep 20x9 wheel was a casualty and I needed a new one. I just bought these last July, so I was able to contact Vittore Wheels in NC and order it for $185 shipped. I am SO SO glad to be getting my D back soon.
repair2.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
interesting to see the insides, all the stamped steel, you can almost tell how the crush/crumple zones work!

·
Administrator
28,310 Posts
I am curious as to the condition of the front support it looked twisted the other day. I guess the substructure was straight
Good to hear its on the way to getting better
STEVE

·
Registered
166 Posts
As much as it is interesting to see the progress I don't think I would want to see my car in these stages. Also why does it look like this is being done in someone's backyard?

·
Administrator
28,310 Posts
As much as it is interesting to see the progress I don't think I would want to see my car in these stages. Also why does it look like this is being done in someone's backyard?
Always nice in San Diego open air repair places

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am curious as to the condition of the front support it looked twisted the other day. I guess the substructure was straight
Good to hear its on the way to getting better
STEVE
Thanks Steve.
IMG_20151025_121242.jpg
I took this photo at the tow yard. It looks like a subframe component was bent and had a crack in it. They must be able to replace it. I saw a completion date of 11-20-2015. I hope they keep to that schedule.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kinda hate to say it, but I was given three choices for an "approved" repair facility and I went with the only one I was comfortable with. It's the Chevy dealership where my brother bought his Z06. I was there yesterday to bring them the spline socket for my locking lug nuts. They let me in the back to see my D and it's actually a covered bay that's open to the rear. Guess I'll find out more tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
1,136 Posts
Remember when your all done done with repairs your entitled to the Diminished Value. I bet your looking at a 2-4K check.... how many miles?

·
Registered
255 Posts
So glad it is getting fixed and coming right along!

Very interesting to see the insides but, wouldn't want to see my baby like that.

Yes make sure you request the diminished value check!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Remember when your all done done with repairs your entitled to the Diminished Value. I bet your looking at a 2-4K check.... how many miles?

Just under 27K miles. My previous vehicle was a '99 300M that had 54K miles when totaled three years ago. I had it 14 years, did all the maintenence, and received a good payout for it, but still miss it like crazy. I bought my D hoping to never have to total out another vehicle. It has a place in my heart and I'm very happy that it can be fixed.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ResizeImage.ashx.jpeg
Today's photo from the collision center. A lot of the Mopar parts they need are on backorder. Also said some of the wiring harness was damaged and needs replacing. Still have 11/20 as completion date. I'm driving our spare vehicle, 2005 3.5L V6 AWD Pacifica. We call it the "Dog Car", mostly cause we use it for hauling our two big dogs. It takes a little getting use to after a RWD 350 RWHP Durango. Lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts