Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Dwayne, We're on time and looking good should be about another 2 weeks or so. I'll let you know when they go to coat. It'll take about a week after that.

Thanks, Pam"

Here's the response I received this morning. I wanted to let you all know where they were with this buy and they're coming soon so get those D's ready for the new mod. :cheesy:

Thanks again.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Awesome Dwayne! I have a shop here that's interested in using the "D" as a test project. They're going to install the headers for me and experiment with some different dual pipe setups. They haven't put a true dual exhaust on a 98 - 03 Durango yet. No one would give em time to experiment a little bit. I told them to take their time and that the headers were going to be a pain due to the rust and corrosion. Since I drive the celica back and forth (247,000 miles now, 33 mpg) to work. They can keep the Durango for as long as they need it. They're going to install the headers for free and install me a true dual exhaust set up with the O2 Simm from Fastman. Chrome 3" tips out the back. The shop said that they'll look at side exits from the rear of the back wheels and side exits in the front of the back wheels. I'm interested to see all the pictures they take of it. I think it's going to look real good!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Update on PPH Headers group buy

Pam just e-mailed me my UPS tracking number, mine are on their way.
Carn't wait, Thanks again all you blokes, Cheers

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Re: Update on PPH Headers group buy

dingo said:
Pam just e-mailed me my UPS tracking number, mine are on their way.
Carn't wait, Thanks again all you blokes, Cheers
Glad we could hook you up Dingo
STick around a bit lets us know how the install goes
Steve
DOC Pres

·
Registered
995 Posts
got my tracking number?once the headers come it's time to hospitalize her and let the boys get to work!

Rod

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
ANTICIPATION IS KILLING YOU GUYS ISN'T IT?
Steve
DOC Pres

·
Administrator
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Make sure you all report back when the installs go in and let us all know how it went!

Rod, make sure you post pictures. when they settle on a good design, let me know how much to ship a set out here? :cheesy:

·
Registered
995 Posts
Dwayne,

I'll let you know. It'll be a few weeks before I know for sure on the design. They want to put the truck on a dyno with each pipe design to see any increases or decreases in horsepower and torque. I think that's a little excessive, BUT they can dyno my truck all day long. I'd love to see the different results. I'll get a before header install baseline and then go from there. This is all free?so let them play!! LOL

off topic?Did Ann get her card? A little late (lot) but we wanted to make sure we sent her one.

Rod

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
PPH

Just talked to mike at PPH, and paid in full. There on the way!! I'm really leaning towards selling these headers, rather than dealing with the added exspence of making them legal here in california. If there's anyone interested, I'll sell them for what I paid + shipping (769.91+ship) this is for DOCers only. If no takers, than I'll eBay For 1K$+ship. thanks to all Ron.(DCDAD) :cheesy:

·
Administrator
8,053 Posts
They should already be smog legal. They're the same ones thatwere sold by Mopar and came with a CARB sticker. Besides, the smog guys generally don't seem to care. I just got my D smogged today with the list I have below with no problems.

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
ANd they provide a Carb Legal sticker I'd 'ing them as Approved
Steve
DOC Pres

·
Registered
560 Posts
Do these new headers have a part number and if so, is it the same part number that were on the original headers? If so go to this site:
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/amquery.php and scroll down to the manufacturer, Mike Leach is about 7/8th the way down. These are all the items that have been approved by the CARB. If its on there, you take a copy to the smog station if you don't have the sticker, and they verify the number on the header with the E.O. number and you're good to go. HTH

·
Administrator
8,053 Posts
There are always different swmog inspectors. Some are more anal retentive than others. Mine didn't even really look under the hood, just plugged it in and ran the test. Others will question every little thing. If still dealing with the dealer ask them who you could take it to. If dealing with a general mechanic do the same thing. They all seem to know an inspector that'll get you through.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
PPH

after getting all of this awsome info from you guys, and seeing pics from the powdercoat post, I think Ill keep em!! now I'm excited :D :D Thanks to all for swaying over to installing them. (its what I really wanted to do anyway) you guys are awsome!! Ron :mrgreen:

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
We all decided after all this that if you hadn't installed them we were going to hunt you down and flog You with a stick! :naughty:
Steve
DOC Pres

·
Registered
32 Posts
To the guys that have installed these headers already. Did you have to remove any extra components to install these headers or did you just have to remove the stock manifolds and they slid right up there?

Also, does the included y-pipe connect right up to the stock 3" exhaust tube without any bending?

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
IndyDurango said:
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes

I had the plastic skid plate up front and the was the only thing that had to come off.

IndyD
Which worked out well for me I now have a skid plate
Steve
DOC Pres

1 - 20 of 29 Posts