Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am new to this site and need help with the unlock control from my aftermarket remote start. I just installed remote start in my 2000 Durango 4.7L and everything works except for unlocking the door. I hooked them up as I found online which was

647 Ohm for lock. I used a 560 + 22 + 68 Ohm resistor in series (which works). As labeled 650, actually tests at 635.

1562 Ohm to unlock(not working). I used a 1.5K + 68 Ohm resistor in series. As labeled 1568, they actually test at 1535. Doesn't work.

I also tried adding a 22 Ohm resistor making it test at 1558 to get closer to the 1562 but it still didn't work. Is this not close enough?

Just don't get why the lock side can be 12 Ohms off and still work but the unlock side is only as much as 4 Ohms off and wont work.

Hope any of you can help. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
Everything is a crapshoot with aftermarket remote start setups, and it seems like more often than not they are nothing but trouble. I don't really have experience messing with them due to this, but it would help if you'd list the model of the system you're using so that someone else can help you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a Viper system in mine and its been the only one worth anything, I do know that sometime BestBuy will give advice from their install bay if you get lucky and the guy isn't a douche

1 - 4 of 4 Posts