Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about a month and a half ago I pull into local market real quick run in, come back out, start my 04 4.7L slt and no click....great, starter out.....replaced starter, still nothing. Battery and alternator replaced about 6 months earlier, both good, relay tests good, fuses all good, but no power to starter. Bench tested new starter, it works as it should. Hook it up in durango, nothing. Been searching everywhere for a solution....all interior lights and everything working normally. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
5,559 Posts
Hi Peter:
Welcome to DDN. Have you tried putting the trans in neutral, and giving it a go? Possibly the system does not think it's in Park. How many miles on your '04 D?

Don

·
Registered
241 Posts
Had a similar sounding issue in my kid's Chevy Malibu, it was the fusable link on the starter signal line in that case.

While its in you can try jumpering the starter relay with a screwdriver and make sure it cranks...but be aware that it will crank and probably start so watch your hands. That way you know your issue isn't power its just the signal wire for the starter relay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts