Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never follow dump trucks on highway but yesterday following a semi it kicked up a stone and chipped my windshield- Can I request new windshield from insurance rather than chip fix? I had one fixed years ago on truck once and wasn't a real good repair. I don't imagine purchase warranty of any sort covers chip? Just bought 3 months ago.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Or wait for the chip to turn into a crack across the windshield..... Then it will get replaced. Usually cold weather with hot defroster does the trick.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Getting it replaced- about $800. I have $500 deductible so that is my cost and insurance picks up balance. They said they could maybe fix it from spreading but cosmetically it would look the same. So I had no choice but replace. taking it in today.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Getting it replaced- about $800. I have $500 deductible so that is my cost and insurance picks up balance. They said they could maybe fix it from spreading but cosmetically it would look the same. So I had no choice but replace. taking it in today.
They quoted me the wrong windshield- end up costing about $400.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Don’t follow dump trucks...:confused:
Ughh. Believe me I don’t. Dump trucks, salt trucks, grain trucks, semis, I spend as little time behind them and beside them as possible. Punch it hard when On the freeway passing them to get it done quick if on a two lane, just hang way back and take a little extra time getting there. Guess you are getting a new hood....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts